Happy New Year!

codemonkey

Hungrymonkey's helper monkey
Nov 4, 2004
Wilsonville, OR
I haven't been around here in a while, been working 100 hour weeks, and recently got pnuemonia (fun stuff) so you may not even remember me but, I hope everyone had a good new year and stayed safe, hope you're all doing well and thinking of a new place besides starbucks to hang out now.

:bang:

• Sponsors (?)

I haven't been around here in a while, been working 100 hour weeks, and recently got pnuemonia (fun stuff) so you may not even remember me but, I hope everyone had a good new year and stayed safe, hope you're all doing well and thinking of a new place besides starbucks to hang out now.

:bang:
Are you still in the area man? I think I remember you mentioning something about relocating. I can relate to the overworked thing. 60+ hour weeks for 3 months straight was hell but I did what I had to do, heh. Hope the new year is a good one brother, get well. Those long weeks will kill your immune system which is probably why you got pneumonia. :(

Are you still in the area man? I think I remember you mentioning something about relocating. I can relate to the overworked thing. 60+ hour weeks for 3 months straight was hell but I did what I had to do, heh. Hope the new year is a good one brother, get well. Those long weeks will kill your immune system which is probably why you got pneumonia. :(

Yeah, I'm still in the area, if I move it won't be out the portland area, my daughter lives here, and my family is here, so I'm not really going anywhere.

And yes, the working and not sleeping is what caused pnuemonia, not to mention no heater in my car. (another thread will be posted). Basically, if you work 16-20 hours a day and sleep a few hours a night, eventually your immune system becomes as vulnerable as a hot 19 year old turned loose in a prison yard. This has happened to me before.

As for the overtime, I'm salary. :nonono: So no OT for me. It's a large salary though, and I have 100% paid benefits all around, and can easily retire a millionaire from this place, so I think I'm going to stick it out another month or two till this project is done, and rest. Things should settle back to a normal workweek by then. Hopefully I can get some time to get my stang back on the road, with more goodies!