Hardcore Track Launching

• Sponsors (?)

thinker said:
damn stangfireman your mustang is nice :). Was that the setup that put 384tq to the wheels with just ported E7's?

Actually it was 348. But no, this is a junk yard motor with unported GT40's and an AOD. The pic is footbraking it to 2400 and launching. On the transbrake it stalls 5100.
What's sad is my old motor had light weight parts in it and only ran .30 faster. But the E7's I ran weren't ported. In NMRA Factory Stock you aren't allowed any porting on the heads or intake along with a factory cam. Intake is an Explorer.
I'll see if I can find my E7/T-5 launch pic.

Got N2O said:
I think he was saying that with 400rwtq he would exceed 300rwhp. I think the number are skewed a little bit. If it hits 400 TQ and only 300HP then it is definately restricted by something up top!

Actually that's exactly what I was saying. 300hp with 400tq is more like a friggin truck motor, lol.

about the tq, yea its like a truck motor, im just hoping I can turn all that tq into hp somehow. Figure out a way to shorten up the intake or something. Perhaps different cam as well... Anyway yea the trans is T56 viper spec. So I think it can hold it. I just had the tq boxes all welded up nice with subframes. I also have a fairly new rear (about 40k miles) so I dont think it will break from me going to the track once or twice just to see how this new motor does. Was just trying to get a hold on how I should do this.

Funanin's sig said:
Offroad H, Flows, 2 1/2 Exhaust, 3:73 Gears, MSD Ignition and Wires, 1" Manifold Spacer, GT-40 Upper and Lower, GT-40 Aluminum "Turbo Swirl" Heads, E-303 Cam, FMS 1.7 Rockers, BBK Shorty Ceramic Headers,BBK 70 MM TB/EGR, FMS Cobra computer kit with 24# injectors and 70mm Mass Air, FMS Smog Pump Delete Kit, FMS 190 LPH Fuel Pump

no offense, but that combo is not going to be making anywhere near 400rwtq... not unless you are adding psi or n2o.
the spacer is not going to increase tq, it's just going to place it at lower rpm.
my guess is that combo will make less rwtq than stangfireman's E7'd combo did.

thinker said:
holy crap, dude what exactly were you running under the hood? same with suspension?

Well, the suspension has Santuff adjustable struts in the front, Steeda adjustable uppers and Megbite Sr's for the lowers. Battle boxes, Comp Eng anti roll bar (junk in my opinion), Strange adjustable rear shocks. Think that's it.
Motor, E7's with 58cc chambers unported, (In that picture) stock 5.0 cam, flat top Ross pistons, neutral balanced, .030 over on the bore, Bassani 1 3/4 shorty headers into a Bassani X pipe and Flowmaster cat back.
BFG 275/60-15 DR's, 4.30 gear and a pro-shifted T-5. MSD Digital 7 ignition, Explorer intake (unported) and I think that's it. Weighed 2950 with me in it then. With the AOD it weighs 3000 even.
Not much to talk about. LOL

I launch at 5,500 and have no problems with bogging, although I spun a little on my highest mph run (1.91 on the 60', 12.88 @ 110.) I'll be trying to launch at 6,000 rpms when I finally have my torque boxes welded. Luckily my floorpan/torque boxes aren't damaged as I've only got about 10 runs on the car since it was completed. I plan to have them welded next winter.

I run E.T. Streets, Southside Machine Lowers, Steeda adjustable uppers, 31 spline axles, Detroit Locker No-Spin, and 4.30 gears.

Launching at that rpm is fun, fun, fun!