Hardest part about installing a Vortech?

• Sponsors (?)

You will learn to do this yourself down the road. I paid someone to do it for me years ago. Now I could install one in a few hours.

I learned that you do not have to install each part on the car. It can be assembled out of the car, carried over to the vehicle and simply bolted on. The instructions should have be done like this....
imag0026.jpg

imag0029.jpg

imag0030.jpg

imag0027.jpg

Overall the install wasn't too bad. The part that I found to be a pain in the balls was doing the T rex by myself (which I shouldn't have even put on to begin with) and trying to find a belt to fit a non a/c car (never got the belt, I would have needed a larger ps pulley and a smaller water pump pulley to make it work) Might be different with 94/95's. I got about 98% done with the install and pulled it all off and sold it :D But hey, at least i learned how to do it.

yea im almost done, i had to cut and drill new holes on that overflow tank to make room for the s/c belt, and its still in the way so i need to pull the tank back a bit more still, the hardest part so far is the trips to the hardware store. i ended up snapping the a/c line by the upper radiator hose so i tore all the lines out(had shortbelt anyways) the oil feed part on the sending unit sucked, tapping the pan took some fabrication of punches put it was pretty easy, i would never buy a used kit again because im missing so much stuff when it was supposed to be a complete kit, but i did save 2500 bucks plus 500 for install

The hardest part.

The hardest part is doing all the work your self taking lots of time doing it nice and neat adding full synthetic oil and blowing a headgasket the fist time out and having to take the whole thing apart again. But I have lots of practice now on doing it.

IM going to say the hardest part about the whole ordeal is troubleshooting if you have problems after the install...Ive been screwing around with mine for a week and it still has moved beyond my driveway except for one cruise around the block... :(

If you guys have not done a custom tune then your playing with fire. I was an idiot and starting beating on it right away. My timing was low and my fuel pressure was high but not knowing A/F ratio got me. Blew the heads off the block after a few days. Get it tuned or pay the price.

VibrantRedGT said:
If you guys have not done a custom tune then your playing with fire. I was an idiot and starting beating on it right away. My timing was low and my fuel pressure was high but not knowing A/F ratio got me. Blew the heads off the block after a few days. Get it tuned or pay the price.
Just what he said get a custom tune even if you think your safe. Your car will run a lot better and longer with it anyways.