Has anyone actually used the K40 Laser jammer

• Sponsors (?)

Never used one, so I can't help you out there, but everything I've read on them says they don't work and are not worth it. Especially if you get paced. :) Better to put the money into a Valentine or Passport. $.02.

radar jammers are illegal but LASER jammers are not illegal according to current federal law. they may be illegal in some states, just like radar detectors are illegal in some states, but they are not federally regulated...yet

XTONKAX said:
Never used one, so I can't help you out there, but everything I've read on them says they don't work and are not worth it. Especially if you get paced. :) Better to put the money into a Valentine or Passport. $.02.
HOW DOes valentine or passport save you from pacing too
NO

my uncle had the k40 radar and laser diffuser when he had his (new model) Porche 911 Turbo, and he told me he flew by a state trooper doing about 120 and the trooper never got a reading on his gun when he flew by. so i would probably say it is a very good product but way too expensive IMO.

GreekStang85 said:
my uncle had the k40 radar and laser diffuser when he had his (new model) Porche 911 Turbo, and he told me he flew by a state trooper doing about 120 and the trooper never got a reading on his gun when he flew by. so i would probably say it is a very good product but way too expensive IMO.
I DONt think that means the DIFfuser works, I think it means the cop didn't care or notice. YOU Dont need LASER to tell you a car is going over 100 MPH!!!

scion4LIFE said:
I DONt think that means the DIFfuser works, I think it means the cop didn't care or notice. YOU Dont need LASER to tell you a car is going over 100 MPH!!!
the cop pulled him over but told him to slow down because he knew he was speeding but could not ticket him because he had no proof of how fast he was going

I have read magazine test after magazine test of "jammers" over the last 10 years, and they all say the same thing: THEY DO NOT WORK. My favorite was one done by Motorcycle Consumer News in the late 98 or so. They tested 5 different "jammers", and found they did nothing. Then, they arranged them in a semi-circle in front of a radar gun and fired them up all together. NOTHING. ZIP. ZILCH. Still clocked the bike doing extra-legal speeds. Even the more recent reviews say the same. Get a good detector and stay sharp.

GreekStang85 said:
from what i hear the valentine will show you with the directional arrows that a cop is behind you.
IF you are being paced they aren't using RAdar. THEY Match your speed and use their speedo reading to see What SpEEd you're going.

GreekStang85 said:
the cop pulled him over but told him to slow down because he knew he was speeding but could not ticket him because he had no proof of how fast he was going
THEY dont need prooF, THEY Can guess. My friend got pulled over in GEORgia and the cop said "I estimate YOu were going 90 MPH". My Friend got a huge ticket and COULdnt contest it since he was driving to FLOrida.

ever hear about careless driving,when they can't tell how fast you going they will hit you with a careless driving tickect ticket!!!

All the trooper got to say is you are endangering the life of others!!!!

when they want to give you a tickect no matter what you have they will give it to you!!

I got a ticket this morning for 68 mph in a 45. Bummer. He lowered it to "Failure to Obey a Traffic Control Device". Whatever that means. $80 instead of $200. So, i guess I can't complain. Was a motorcycle state trooper. He got me with Laser. My detector just started screaming. It was too late though.