Has anyone here sold their Mustang for a Bike?

Grn92LX

Fidanza Man!
Founding Member
Jan 14, 2001
New York
Just curious if anyone has done that and how its been? If you did do it, post why and what you bought. Pics would be nice too :D

I'm thinking about doing it so i'm wondering who else has thought of it or done it.

• Sponsors (?)

i came VERY close to ditching the stang about 2 years ago. I went in ready to sign the papers and the salesmen didnt pay any attention to me because i was young, i waited over an hour without anyone coming to talk to me, so i left. Glad i did. I had been riding a friends 06 GSXR 750 for a summer, and wanted one. Looking back now, i'd probably be dead, or not have a licence. I'd rather have the stang. The stang goes plenty fast but is much safer and more practical. Bikes aren't transportation. Just toys. Since then, i have been first on the scene of 2 bad bike accidents, and i dont think i'll ever get one now. I watched a girl fly over 100 feet with arms stretched out like superman, and crash head first into a pile of rocks after taking a corner way too fast and smoking a 4x4 post at over 100km/h

never sold a car for one but i did own a bike. ill be the first to admit id still love to ride everyday but it just isnt worth it. i t-boned a car at 55 when she puled out in front of me and stopped. this happened aug 11 of 01 and to this day my body is still trashed and i have severe headaches about 2 times a week. just this past friday i sat inside my house with sunglasses on.

dont let me discourage you though, just be prepared to pay the price WHEN it happens.

It doesnt matter how good a rider you THINK you are...the fact of the matter is that if you ride on the streets you will eventually have an accident. Most bike accidents aren't a laughing matter. I would say the majority of bike accident involve no fault of the rider....just stupid car drivers who dont pay attention to bikers. Thats the fact....if you wanna ride a bike....just know that you will go down. Its not a matter of if its when...not matter how good you think you are.

Seen too many BAD accidents in person to ever think of buying a bike. Its different when you see an accident on TV or hear about it on the news. When you see a person die in front of you....it's different.

Mike I didnt sell my car for a bike but I can tell you that I love riding my bike, maybe even more then my car when it was a street car. My dad has a 06 white Special Edition Busa like LS What posted.... Look into picking up a older model, you can find them in good shape at low cost and then keep the car.

I wear full gear, Scorpion helmet, Joe Rocket jacket and pants, gloves and Sidi vertigo boots, some days I do skip the pants but I honestly feel naked without them anymore. The bike is stupid fast, 100mph comes at just a portion of throttle and you do have to watch out for the "cagers" car drivers..lol I like the feel on my bike, its a release for me where all I need to think about is the road ahead of me.

97 SRAD, I custom painted, put ont he graphics and swapped in a 04 1000cc motor, power commander, etc...
attachment.php

Nice bikes guys!

Rick, what do you recommend for a beginner? I really don't see keeping the car as an option. I want to buy a newer daily driver eventually and it'll be too much money and payments to have 2 toys and a new daily driver. I really lost a lot of interest in the car over the past 2 years.

also do a insurance quote before you buy one...:D You might want to keep the stang.

As for beginner bike go with a ninja 250 or 500 I know its very gay but trust me fundamentals...nuf said.

later

Mike to be honest a 600 would be plenty for the street, you really could never use all a 750 has on the street. The only reason I swapped out my 750 was it was a deal of a century and I know I have the self control to not act stupid with it.

Check the insurance is 100% correct, you'd be surprised what a bike will run you. I had to go with Progressive on mine because my current auto company would not accept a GSXR...lol NYC is hard on sport bikes,

I know how it is with the stang, I look at mine and say wow I have so much to do to get it back and running, I almost feel like it will never be done. However I know I could never see it go right now, way to much blood sweat and $$ in the silver beast. building customers cars and the bike keep me sane, but I do plan to work on the car this winter. As a nice fair weather rider a bike it hard to beat, 40+mpg it hard to come by right now and there really is no feeling like riding a bike.

You just have to learn to respect the power, my bike makes 186hp (dyno'd) and weighs just under 400lbs.... :D

I had my bike before my Mustang, and personally I could live without the Mustang a lot easier. A bike is a whole different experience, and no car can be as much fun, period. Deciding on which to have would really be about value. If you have a car with $20k in it, don't sell it for $8k to get a bike. Wait till you can own a bike too. Insurance is rediculously cheap if you don't have a really bad record. I pay $180 a year on my bike.

It doesnt matter how good a rider you THINK you are...the fact of the matter is that if you ride on the streets you will eventually have an accident. Most bike accidents aren't a laughing matter. I would say the majority of bike accident involve no fault of the rider....just stupid car drivers who dont pay attention to bikers. Thats the fact....if you wanna ride a bike....just know that you will go down. Its not a matter of if its when...not matter how good you think you are.

Seen too many BAD accidents in person to ever think of buying a bike. Its different when you see an accident on TV or hear about it on the news. When you see a person die in front of you....it's different.

Not true at all. I know plenty of people who have been riding for a very long time without crashing (on the street). Like you said, most accidents are at the fault of an idiot in a car. I have been close a couple times, but I've been able to avoid them by being ready, looking ahead, and knowing how to control the bike when avoiding it. A bike is very small and you can move it in any direction a lot faster than a car, so it is a lot easier to avoid accidents if you know where to look for them. The most important thing is to be ready for an accident, because I will guarantee that some idiot will pull some stupid move on you almost every time you ride. Yes, there are a lot of accidents that can't be avoided, but a good rider is a lot more capable of avoiding an accident. I'm not saying in any way that I will never be in an accident, because I might be tomorrow. Riding motorcycles is part of my job, and I ride every day, rain or shine. It is worth the risk to me, because riding a motorcycle is one of, if not the greatest experience you will ever have. I would much rather die on a motorcycle than die walking across the street and never experiencing motorcycles.

My junk.
View attachment 356305