Has anyone removed just the spring isolators and re-installed their factory springs?

aj1025

Jul 4, 2003
Tyler Texas
I'm wondering if i can just remove the isolators from the factory springs and see a drop of atleast half an inch. I know that i should buy some lowering springs, but money is tight and this would be a free mod, just a couple hours of my time, no biggie. I 've seen alot of post lately talking about removing the spring isolators for even a lower drop, and the people who have removed the isolators have had no problems and no squeaking. Just like to know if anyone has done this and re-installed their factory springs and how much of a drop did you get. Thanks for any info.

• Sponsors (?)

I dont know how much of a drop youll get, but I imagine it wont be that much. Also if your going to go through the trouble of taking out your springs then you might as well install new ones, I speak from experience. It will take you AT LEAST 4 hours, and thats if you dont run into any problems. So my advice is to get some H&R's or the Eibach Pro Kit and install those. Youll get a better drop, smoother ride, and wont have to worry about any noise.