Have not been on here in a while look what I got!

Blackone51

Oct 30, 2008
Hey everyone,

I have been out of my mustang game for a while. My automatic took a crap on me (150,000+ miles) so I purchased what I have wanted for a while a stick shift!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-97-98-MUSTANG-T45-TRANSMISSION-CONVERSION-4-6-GT-/130449428418?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e5f644fc2

with MGW shifter.

Also purchased a black cobra bumper from the same company. I would recommend this eBay company to anyone, very helpful and quick responding. I know the T-45 is only rated to 325 ft-lbs but at least I'm on the right side finally (Can actually have some fun now). I can always upgrade in the future. My buddy who used to be a ford tech is installing it all for $400 bucks, a great deal in my mind!!

• Sponsors (?)

Same here too. The only question I have not had a chance to find an answer to is do you absolutely have to use a 5spd computer? Reason I ask this is because of dealing the PATS crap.

Same here too. The only question I have not had a chance to find an answer to is do you absolutely have to use a 5spd computer? Reason I ask this is because of dealing the PATS crap.

No, I have researched that if you go from auto to stick you can get the auto features turned off with a programmer, but if going stick to auto you definitely have to use the auto computer. I have the Pats crap bypassed already so changing doesn't really affect me.

The only question I still have is:

Is the ECU wiring harness different for the 4r70w and t3650.:shrug: I'm going to go to the Ford parts counter to check, unless someone knows.

I've heard from a guy with a 98 that its different. And there are a bunch of ebay listings for 01+ harnesses that say the auto and manual harnesses are identical.

You dont need a new ECU. I'll be getting mine adjusted by the tuner.

I picked up a really nice 03/04 cobra pedal box on ebay for my swap.:nice: