Having problems with my BMR LCA

saleen308

Founding Member
Mar 22, 2000
Houston, TX
I've noticed recently that when I accelerate that the rear end pulls slightly to the right even under slight acceleration. I got underneath the car today to take a look. The front urethane bushing on the passenger side LCA was completely gone on one side. What would case this to happen?

My car is naturally aspirated and I'm running street tires. I have the Steeda G-TRAC stage 1 suspension on it.

View attachment 339375

View attachment 339377

• Sponsors (?)

i would almost bet on improper torque. if the part is not properly torqued, it will move side to side slightly under driving conditions. if its a little loose, it will wear out the bushings as you drive. how long have the arms been installed? get new bushings ASAP or temporarily reinstall the OEM arms to prevent further damage. also, be sure to use a quality torque wrench when installing parts. also, dont forget to zero out the torque wrench when done with it. thiswill help keep it accurate. :nice:

Everything was greased and torqued properly.

Just got off the phone with Brenspeed. They said I was one of the lucky ones that got a bad batch of BMR's LCA. The are sending me a whole set of brand new replacement bushings for free and priority mailing them. These guys ROCK!!!