Engine Head installation question(s)

I’m finally getting the top end of my engine back together (‘95 5.0) and have a couple questions. It’s been 25 years since I’ve done it and seem to have forgotten a few things!
1.) in the pic below you can see a gap between the head and deck on the manifold side. Without pushrods it sits flush. The circled pushrod is the culprit (I assume a cam lobe is in the up position). Is this normal? Is it ok to partially tighten down the first head bolt to compress spring so it sits flush or will that screw with torque readings? Was trying to avoid having to pull rockers off and install rods after torquing head.
2.) Any idea what proper torque settings are for ARP bolts? GT40P heads if it matters. Someone mentioned settings to me awhile back but can’t find where.
6615C8B5-8E9C-437A-BA2E-37D81BDBB12F.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, you're not going to get good results trying to torque the heads with the pushrods and rocker arms in place. These are easy to remove / replace, nothing to adjust. Just keep them in order.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, you're not going to get good results trying to torque the heads with the pushrods and rocker arms in place. These are easy to remove / replace, nothing to adjust. Just keep them in order.
do i have to install in a certain order i have same motor 1995 gt non adjust can i just re install? as long as i know where they came from i have them laid as they came out. wont let me open the link above to read thread

Are you referring to the rocker arms? Yes if they're non-adjustable (stock arms or non-adjustable pedestal-mount rockers) you can just bolt them down in any order, ideally when each arm is relaxed. This link gives some good background and more detailed instructions https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/rocker-arm-technical-help.745039/ if you've made any changes (like having the head milled) or if you had any clacking before disassembly you'll want to verify (as the link suggests) that you can reach the ~20ftlb of torque on the bolts within 1/4-1 full turn of the wrench after the pushrod stops freely spinning to make sure the preload is approximately correct.