Header Paint?

• Sponsors (?)

I concur. The VHT paint is probably the best high heat paint you can buy, short of having your headers professionally coated.

015.JPG

They come in a variety of colours, but I've only really ever used black. Skip their satin clear coat. I tried it on my snowmobile exhaust. Looked great before I ran it, then turned an uneven chalky white. Just go with their flat black and be done with it.

You can even tak it one step further like I did and wrap them with some high heat wrap. Looks great and cut's down the under head heat (also keeping heat inside the header) 10X better than any coating ever could.

ill pick sme up tomor. I've also read many times over DO NOT wrap your headers, especially on a turbo

Bah...internet folk lore. If it's a decent quality header, wrapping it isn't gonna hurt.

The stories you hear about rusted out or cracked headers are always from guys using cheap, thin gauge headers like Headman, JBA's or that Ebay junk.

Paint them up, wrap them and don't give it a second thought. Wrap your starter while you're at it. It probably wouldn't hurt to have turbo headers coated as well. They do tend to see a lot of heat.

Is he holding it with his foot?

Looks like toe thumbs to me. Maybe its Megan Fox?

Bah...internet folk lore. If it's a decent quality header, wrapping it isn't gonna hurt.

The stories you hear about rusted out or cracked headers are always from guys using cheap, thin gauge headers like Headman, JBA's or that Ebay junk.

Paint them up, wrap them and don't give it a second thought. Wrap your starter while you're at it. It probably wouldn't hurt to have turbo headers coated as well. They do tend to see a lot of heat.

Bull:poo:. I made the mistake of wrapping my pricey BBK headers, and they rusted out real bad. Learn from my mistakes and don't wrap your headers. I have also used the VHT flameproof with great success.

Kurt

Looks like toe thumbs to me. Maybe its Megan Fox?

Rick suggested Eastwood header paint on my ceramic headers that were dull and crappy looking. I have to say Rick picked some great stuff its been 8 years since he did them and they still look FANTASTIC!, i remember him saying alot has to do with how good you prep them i would use it again for sure!.
333builddiscfromRNHPerformance063.jpg

Rick suggested Eastwood header paint on my ceramic headers that were dull and crappy looking. I have to say Rick picked some great stuff its been 8 years since he did them and they still look FANTASTIC!, i remember him saying alot has to do with how good you prep them i would use it again for sure!.
333builddiscfromRNHPerformance063.jpg
LQQKs great, there is that sweet ass purdy intake!!!

http://www.cjponyparts.com/silver-h...ign=shopping?gclid=CJj0gPG9kL4CFTMV7AodfSgAKA

actually rick used this http://www.eastwood.com/silver-high...ode=ga220010&gclid=CLDTmsK-kL4CFZJj7AodFVoA8w
and it is amazing how long it is lasting. Couple years ago i was cleaning or doing something in engine bay when headers were hot with gloves on and a glove touched and burnt on header i tried real fast to get off but it didnt, then after returning from a cruise i noticed it was gone not even a trace. Madspeed pm rick for info how he did it worth asking holding up great!. lol thanks Grabbin' asphalt