Headers for 65 with 347 and Z Heads?

onefast65

May 4, 2004
I have a 65 fastback with shock towers in place and have just finished upgrading to Ford Racing Z Heads (from Trick Flow Track Heats). The exhaust ports on the Z heads are located very differently than the Trick Flows. As a result, my MAC Headers now have major clearance issues with the shock towers. I tried to clearance them to make them fit but ended up having to collapse some of the tubes so much that they are now 1/2 as thick as they were originally. At this point, I think that I'm better going with new headers. Can someone please advise my best option for headers? I'd prefer to purchase them uncoated as I will have to weld in O2 sensor and make sure they fit before getting them coated. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Well, im assuming the exhaust ports are raised, which is giving you the problem. Maybe try a 351 swap header? It might give you clearance in the right spots. Id suggest the hooker headers. They are not cheap, but fit way better then the heddman crap. Just a idea.