Headers for 65 with 347 and Z Heads?

onefast65

May 4, 2004
I have a 65 fastback with shock towers in place and have just finished upgrading to Ford Racing Z Heads (from Trick Flow Track Heats). The exhaust ports on the Z heads are located very differently than the Trick Flows. As a result, my MAC Headers now have major clearance issues with the shock towers. I tried to clearance them to make them fit but ended up having to collapse some of the tubes so much that they are now 1/2 as thick as they were originally. At this point, I think that I'm better going with new headers. Can someone please advise my best option for headers? I'd prefer to purchase them uncoated as I will have to weld in O2 sensor and make sure they fit before getting them coated. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Well, im assuming the exhaust ports are raised, which is giving you the problem. Maybe try a 351 swap header? It might give you clearance in the right spots. Id suggest the hooker headers. They are not cheap, but fit way better then the heddman crap. Just a idea.