Headers, mid pipes and mufflers: best “combo”

Hi!,
I have a 2001 GT V8, totally stock engine, and I need your help to select headers, Mac Pro Chamber, or H, or X pipes, and mufflers.

I’m looking for the best combination to obtain a loud and good american muscle car sound with some HP gain.
My Stang isn’t a daily driver and here in Argentina, we don’t have emission controls so, I don’t need to maintain cat converters.

I would appreciate if you tell me if I must buy another parts too (i.e. MIL eliminators, chips, etc).
Thanks in advance for your help.

• Sponsors (?)

its all really subjective to sounds as far as midpipes and mufflers go. i prefer a prochamber with chambered mufflers or an xpipe with straight through mufflers. as far as additional install stuff, you will need some o2 extenders most likely and get a handheld tuner with email support to downloads tunes.

If you want full exhaust I suggest not being cheap and just goin per wallet. A good set on long-tubes is almost a grand I believe. The X or H and catback may be around $600 (though I haven't looked recently at prices). So....how much do you want to spend? :shrug:

Which headers cost $1000? Most expensive ones I can think of is slp, but its more in the 7-800 range.

I only header 1 setup with longtubes, and it doesn't have the muscle car sound you're looking for. Bassani, hooker, and slp longtubes won't mate up with an hpipe without modification, so your choices are mac or bbk.

Mac has been known to have a quality issue, so I would go for bbk ceramic coated lts, prochamber (not sure if it will fit, if not bbk o/r hpipe), and catback is a toss up.

+1 for Mac LT's with Prochamber and Flowpaths. I bought ceramic LT's for $400 and install was $350. I had to call tons of shops but i found a cheap one. If money is your issue, next question is how much time are you willing to spend. Check the used parts from the forums, there are tons of them and call tons of exhaust shops for a cheap install price.
My LT's have a ticking noise still, only downside. Then again I went cheap so WTF should I expect.

Thanks a lot for your help!!!
Ok, excuse me for my English, perhaps "combo" isn't the rigth word, it sounds like I'm looking for price but I'm not.
I suppouse that I can spend the money that cost a full exhaust system.

I'm a Mustang fan, there are very few Mustangs here, and I have one of them... I want to put the best on it!!

My GT

This is how the car sounds from the inside durring WOT...if that helps any.
BTW BBK LTs, Dr GAS O/R X, and Magnaflow CB...as far as im conserned with all my research, this is THE BEST FLOWING/SOUNDING SETUP. Only SLP/magnapack CB would flow the same..maybe SLIGHTLY better (1/8 of a HP at best...seriously, but it would be SUPER SUPER LOUD...mines pretty quiet for O/R.)

I 2nd the stinger catback :)

The "best" won't have the sound you're looking for. It will have more of an exotic sound.

I say go for bassani midlengths, o/r xpipe, and borla stinger catback. I have no complaints :)

You can mos def install it yourself. Took me about 15 hours :lol: but I did it. Oh, that 15 hours included changing my struts which were a bitch.

3' breakerbar will be your best friend after your install. Its a life saver when you weigh about 140 with almost no muscles :(