• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

Heat Extractor Hood

  • Thread starter Thread starter DevanGT3791
  • Start date Start date May 30, 2008
D

DevanGT3791

New Member
May 30, 2008
1
0
0
Denham Springs, Louisiana
May 30, 2008
#1
  • May 30, 2008
  • #1
So I am looking at getting the GT500 heat extractor hood for my 08 Mustang GT. I was planning to get it from https://www.cervinis.com/Default.aspx but I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on anyone else to order from or if maybe there is a better place. Obviously I want good quality so just looking for some opinions. The hood is 05-08 C-Series Hood, Part#1170 on Cervini's. I am also having a hard time deciding between the window Louvers and the window scoops, anyone have any thoughts?
 
H

HEAVYGT

New Member
Sep 14, 2006
241
0
0
Elgin, IL.
May 30, 2008
#2
  • May 30, 2008
  • #2
DevanGT3791 said:
So I am looking at getting the GT500 heat extractor hood for my 08 Mustang GT. I was planning to get it from https://www.cervinis.com/Default.aspx but I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on anyone else to order from or if maybe there is a better place. Obviously I want good quality so just looking for some opinions. The hood is 05-08 C-Series Hood, Part#1170 on Cervini's. I am also having a hard time deciding between the window Louvers and the window scoops, anyone have any thoughts?
Click to expand...

Thats the hood i run...unless you can find a good used one like did, buy it directly from Cervinis. I love the hood, the side window scoops and side body scoops! Great quality.




 

NastyStang113

New Member
Sep 12, 2008
1,567
1
0
Florida
May 30, 2008
#3
  • May 30, 2008
  • #3
The factory GT500 hood can be bought for a little more than $400. I'd go with OEM stuff since it's going to save you money on paint. Most good painters charge a lot of money for the aftermarket fiberglass stuff, most guys around here want a $1,000 to paint a fiberglass hood. OEM hood they'll only charge $350-400.
 

jasonh328

Member
Mar 13, 2007
40
0
7
May 30, 2008
#4
  • May 30, 2008
  • #4
The GT500 hood requires the GT500 front fascia also, so it is unlikely that going that route would save any $
 
H

HEAVYGT

New Member
Sep 14, 2006
241
0
0
Elgin, IL.
May 30, 2008
#5
  • May 30, 2008
  • #5
jasonh328 said:
The GT500 hood requires the GT500 front fascia also, so it is unlikely that going that route would save any $
Click to expand...

exactly...plus I doubt if you could get the OEM GT500 hood for $400.00!!!

and shop around the hood for painting...I paid $200 plus $60 for the paint
 

NastyStang113

New Member
Sep 12, 2008
1,567
1
0
Florida
May 30, 2008
#6
  • May 30, 2008
  • #6
HEAVYGT said:
exactly...plus I doubt if you could get the OEM GT500 hood for $400.00!!!

and shop around the hood for painting...I paid $200 plus $60 for the paint
Click to expand...

So you're calling me a liar?
 
H

HEAVYGT

New Member
Sep 14, 2006
241
0
0
Elgin, IL.
May 30, 2008
#7
  • May 30, 2008
  • #7
ThumperMX113 said:
So you're calling me a liar?
Click to expand...

Liar...never said that...just don't think you can get the OEM one for $400.00

List is over $600.00 (Ford Part #M-16612-C) and street price from all the vendors I checked is around $500.00 plus shipping and painting and it will only fit with the GT500 front end! Not a good choice for him to save $$$.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

WTB Oxford white hood, bumper and fender for LX foxbody
  • keel
  • Jan 7, 2026
  • Want to Buy
Replies
0
Views
299
Want to Buy Jan 7, 2026
keel
M
Rear Window Louvers Hatchback
  • MDrisc
  • Mar 16, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
18
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 26, 2025
General karthief
S
Under-the-hood Wiring
  • Sparksteam
  • Sep 18, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
379
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 22, 2025
EP429
X
Free VE Table Corrections — Drop Your MSQ and a Datalog, I'll Do the Rest
  • X-cam34
  • Apr 12, 2026
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
  • 2 3
Replies
49
Views
2K
Digital Self-tuning Forum Aug 26, 2026
X-cam34
X
Anyone used a Onegauge?
  • revhead347
  • Sep 2, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
222
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 3, 2025
revhead347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?