Heater Core piping?

I just purchased an 83 convertible, 3.8-v-6, with air to fix up for my grandson. I am new to fox bodies but have experience with 64-68 stangs. This one needs a heater core which I plan to do but I am a little confused on what the heater core piping should look like. There are bypass loops all over the place with no real ryhme of reason. Is there a diagram out there some where I can follow?
Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

There are 2 rubber lines coming out of the firewall on passenger side and those hoses run to the front of the car, the heater core is connected to them. The dash will have to be removed to replace it

You can see a pic of the heater core bypass coolant tube on google for 95-00 and the dealer has pictures you can look at and print out for you
Never enjoyed the ones that allow for core bypass
Taurus was the worst
Plugged heater cores every winter I see around here because of the bypass

Thanks for all of the responses. I am interested in the piping at the block. Some "work" has been done with the piping in that area and the bypass is in there some place plus the temp sender is now in the thermostst housing rather than the intake manifold so its a little confusing. I did take some pictures but they didnt show anything.