heater not working, temp too low?

LS what

Sep 7, 2005
my heater is blowing pretty cold air.. I'm not sure what thermostat the guy put in my car that had it before me but the car has heads, cam, intake, vortech, so i think he might have put a cooler one in. It only runs around 130-150. Could this be why my heater is not warm or would you guys lean towards something else like maybe the heater core?

• Sponsors (?)

LS what said:
my heater is blowing pretty cold air.. I'm not sure what thermostat the guy put in my car that had it before me but the car has heads, cam, intake, vortech, so i think he might have put a cooler one in. It only runs around 130-150. Could this be why my heater is not warm or would you guys lean towards something else like maybe the heater core?

Yes that could definitely be why. It could also be airbubbles in your coolant. What thermostat/cooling system do you have on your car?

i thought my heater core as going out... until i realized the temp switch on the a/c panel cracked and just wasn't turning the temperature control at all.... j/y fixed that of course