Heatercore replace coolant low

Blown SVT#177

Nov 14, 2002
Wichita Ks
Replaced heatercore last weekend but still strong odar of antifreeze when you turn heat on but no green fog lol or wet floor boards AND its not leaking anywhere outside i see dont think its a bad heatercore guess could be but doubt it .... Any thoughts?? or suggestions

did u clean the heater box assembly out because if any is left in there you will still get a strong smell. is it a constant smell? or does it go away?

k i see the drain thinking about pulling dash and heatercore/ heaterbox back out and cleaning again but what is the foam pad looking thing in the box that the heatercore sits above ???? Do i need to remove it and clean under it?

heres a link that should help.i did mine over the weekend and it toke a total of 4.5 hours.not my first one but its not to bad of a job.i dropped the steering column as low as it goes and after i loosen the heater box i jamed a cordless screwdriver in there to give me some more space to work.i also have this little skill corldess ratchet that helped alot. good luck phil
Mustang