Heeeeeelp!!! Trying to put a 94 back together.

TNorman

Jun 9, 2005
My brother brought me his 94 Cobra with the only thing left in the engine bay being the shortblock. I'm trying to get everything back in it's place and I'm missing a lot of stuff. So.... Can someone send me pics of thier engine bay showing the PCV system and vaccum line routing too and from the fuel pressure regulator. Also, what sensor goes in the intake pipe and where does the fresh air tube go from the intake tube? Oh, and a pic of the pulley system. I think I'm missing an alternator bracket and a tensioner??? Any help here is VERY much appreciated. :hail2:

If you can send pics to my email that would be AWESOME!!! :nice:

[email protected]

• Sponsors (?)

Brackets...

Left is Alt/smog pump

Right is AC/PS

Tensioner is the small one....

Forgot the big in the middle...It for a Vortech..

3622.jpg

Alt bracket mounted..
3633.jpg

IAT sensor is what your after for the rubber inlet...you can see it on the Left, its a little mofo..
3623.jpg

This is the business end of the sensor as it sits in the rubber tube...this pic shows it in a homemade CAI set-up...It wants to be in the airflow as you see it..so the air goes across it..
3624.jpg

PCV feed.....its a "tri-hose" affair....one line from drivers corner of upper to a T in the middle to under the upper to a port...other end feeds to your PCV valve...very simple...Let us know the upper you gonna run...Vac feeds are very simple on these motors...the fuel regulator usually get a feed from under the upper directly to it...Nothing crazy here...you can makes all the feeds new for under 10.00 or so..
3644.jpg

'

Rio you kick ass... :hail2: Those pics really help. Now I even know where the studed bolt goes on the water pump. :nice:

I'm running the stock Cobra upper. Now I know all the brackets that are missing including the tensioner. I guess I'll have to get that from Ford or a junk yard. The maf housing I have looks nothing like yours, which is probably why this BBK cai does not fit right. This car had a powerdyne blower on it and I guess the housing is from that kit. A lot of the vaccuum lines are broken or cut off so I'll have to get new ones. What a mess...

It's tough because I know where every bolt goes on an LS1 motor... This one... nada...

RIO5.0 said:
No sweat...Glad to help...

If your not gonna run EGR or smog then the vacs lines are gravy...You only need like 4 feeds....

Not running egr, air, a/c or p/s. That being the case should I just cap off the 2 smaller vac leads from the fpr?

Also posted up a new thread with a q about the alternator bracket. I've got a 91 foxbody and if the alternator bracket will swap over to the 94 I would get a "cool" one for my car. Do you know if the bracket and tensioner are the same on 87-93 as 94-95?

TNorman said:
Not running egr, air, a/c or p/s. That being the case should I just cap off the 2 smaller vac leads from the fpr?

Also posted up a new thread with a q about the alternator bracket. I've got a 91 foxbody and if the alternator bracket will swap over to the 94 I would get a "cool" one for my car. Do you know if the bracket and tensioner are the same on 87-93 as 94-95?
their different

the 94/95 ones are hard to find

TNorman said:

2 feeds from the regulator??? I don't get it?? Usually you run (1) line to the upper for vac...What kinda FPR you got??

RIO5.0 said:
2 feeds from the regulator??? I don't get it?? Usually you run (1) line to the upper for vac...What kinda FPR you got??

I left something out there. It's the fitting that is just above the FPR. It is on the back side of the upper where it extends out to the tb. There is one large and 2 small leads from this fitting.

I thought thats what your were refering to....that nipple....This vac line is what WOULD feed from (1) port on that nipple, the other end fed the EGR valve. ...It runs across the VC and then drops down to the smog pump area...Notice the 3 tube end on it...this connects to a plug that feeds (2) soleniods that are inside the pass side fender....the small one hanging down would feed a diverter tube that was in the smog lines right there...
You may wanna plug that connector that runs into the fender, if its there??
4841.jpg

Here's a stock set-up...you should be about like this for lines...The small one laying down feeds the purge soleniod on the firewall....
4872.jpg