Hell Yeah! FINALLY!!!!

beviking

Aug 29, 2011
Syracuse,NY
It's been a looooong wait but finally got her parked in my driveway! Not exactly what I wanted so let the mods begin! Have some staggered chrome gt500's with sumi's, a boss front fascia w/fogs, GLOSS black c stripe and lemans stripes (12") coming this week (right AM? :)) along with a couple other goodies. My wife wasn't very excited about it until she got in and drove. Son of a b this is one sweet car!!!!!!

2012 GT Premium, 6spd, 3.73's, comfort pkg, rear camera which I didn't want but is actually pretty cool! and the 18"polished aluminum wheels which I'm going to sell as soon as I get the new wheels. Car only had 13 miles on it when I first test drove it (a dealer an hour 1/2 away) and had plastic on the seats and steering wheel too. local dealer went and got it for me...long story that I'm tired of telling...so it had 107miles on it when I picked it up. Only has 150 on it since I'm trying to preserve the tires for whoever wants 'em. Yeah, it's killing me not to drive it goin on day 3 of ownership! I have to say, the shifter is suprisingly nice. I know it's still new, but I was expecting much worse after reading all the discussion about skip shift and the soft bushing. Yeah, I know it may come to be when I actually start driving her, but for now I'm in awe! Dealer didn't install the front plate bracket for me as I requested. I used smaller screws since I have a flip up holder coming that I'll install once the new fascia is on. That way the oem fascia is virgin for whoever ends up getting it if I decide to part with it. Will post more pics after mods. You like the boat towing shot? :rlaugh:

Attachments

• MyGT3.jpg
    MyGT3.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 185
  • MyGT1.JPG
    MyGT1.JPG
    333.2 KB · Views: 203
  • Sponsors (?)

What the...? I know it's nice by I didn't intentionally post the pic twice, honest!!!

It was an upload issue, not loser issue...I mean user issue. Looks like it has been taken care of. Thanks mod gods.

I love the body color splitter! That looks amazing! The black strip looks good too, it really makes the 5.0 badge pop. Good stuff!

The fake-it-til-you-make-it caliper covers though... :eek:

Yeah, debating on color matching the rest. I intended on doing it, I'm just not sure how bad it will look after a few stone chips. Gonna wait a while and see how the paint hold up on the front piece b4 making the call this winter.

Fake caliper cover? They're real, they cover the caliper :rlaugh: Was gonna paint the calipers too but the scattered claims about keeping brake dust down sold me. Only have 400miles with em on but they do seem to do that.

I didn't say the covers were fake, I was scoffing at the use of fake-it-til-you-make-it caliper covers. It other words, putting covers on there to make your brakes look bigger than they really are.

I think they are gaudy and add to the stigma of the Mustang. If you like it though, that's all that matters! :nice:

Ok, gotcha. I can see how they might make the brakes look bigger, but that certainly wasn't my intent. Hmm, big brakes must mean the car goes faster? lol
Yeah, I almost went with the black ones cuz the reds are a little 'in your face' but the car is red. Maybe I should order the black covers but get red lettering? :scratch:

Ok, gotcha. I can see how they might make the brakes look bigger, but that certainly wasn't my intent. Hmm, big brakes must mean the car goes faster? lol
Yeah, I almost went with the black ones cuz the reds are a little 'in your face' but the car is red. Maybe I should order the black covers but get red lettering? :scratch:

Maybe you should order a set of Baer's or Brembos. ;)

If you're really bent on keeping them, I think black would look better. That is a lot of red! I think black would tie in better with the hockey stick.

Dont need 'em.
I am bent on keeping them so I'm going to. I like red :) Send me $240 and I'll send you the red covers and order a set of black ones with red lettering ;) They'll go better with the C-stripe. Hockey stick stripe is shaped like a...hockey stick.

Haha, touche, except I didn't put them on to make the brakes look bigger...that would be idiotic and they're covers, designed to hide the caliper, look good and reduce the brake dust on the outside of the pretty wheels, which are bigger than stock too! :)

As they say in the military, "perception is reality". Unfortunately for you, most people are going to view them as wannabe big brakes, and chastise you for it. Again, if you don't care, then it doesn't really matter anyway.

Also, I'm not sure I buy into the minimizing of brake dust. All the covers do is cover up the only part of the rotor that is already covered, therefore, any brake dust that is created is still going to be ejected forward from the pad and cover the wheels anyway. I can't prove that though, just speculation.

As they say in the military, "perception is reality".

I don't think I've ever said that. I have said things like, "Pickle's away" or, "The last thing you're going to see is..." or, "Target acquired"... None of which relate well to brake covers. :O_o:

Unfortunately for you, most people are going to view them as wannabe big brakes, and chastise you for it.

Hadn't cross my mind... Dunno about the others. :shrug:

Also, I'm not sure I buy into the minimizing of brake dust. All the covers do is cover up the only part of the rotor that is already covered, therefore, any brake dust that is created is still going to be ejected forward from the pad and cover the wheels anyway. I can't prove that though, just speculation.

We'll prolly find out soon.