Roush Hello I'm about to get a 2004 Saleen Convertible. question..

THX 138

Oct 7, 2004
Los Angeles
I'm going to take it to the dealer tomorrow for them to give it the once over. When shoudl the boost show? The previous owner says the boost gauge doesn't work and the air temp is too high. Anyone heard of this?

• Sponsors (?)

Is it under warranty?
If not, i wouldn't take it to the dealer, i'd take it to a performance shop, one that specializes in mustangs.

IMO, dealers just don't work on enough peformance oriented vehicles to know what the hell they are doing.

2000xp8 said:
Is it under warranty?
If not, i would not take it to the dealer, i'd take it to a performance shop, one that specializes in mustangs.

IMO, dealers just don't work on enough peformance oriented vehicles to know what the hell they are doing.
ya its a 2004 with 3500 miles on it.

Even certified Ford Saleen Dealers do know their shi*. If if's just the gauge pod or sending unit it's a cheap fix and better left to a reputable speed shop in your area. All the dealer will do is keep you car for a week, say they ordered parts they have not and drive the piss outa your car when you are not looking.

marcus95 said:
Even certified Ford Saleen Dealers do know their shi*. If if's just the gauge pod or sending unit it's a cheap fix and better left to a reputable speed shop in your area. All the dealer will do is keep you car for a week, say they ordered parts they have not and drive the piss outa your car when you are not looking.
oh yeah, the boost gauge is the worst possible reason to have your car at the dealer.

I can see the mechanics taking turns trying to see if the boost is up to par.

2000xp8 said:
oh yeah, the boost gauge is the worst possible reason to have your car at the dealer.

I can see the mechanics taking turns trying to see if the boost is up to par.
well while driving to my friends house to then go to the dealer I got on it a few times and there was no check engine light and the booost came on at half or more throttle. So no problems so when I got to my appointment time at the dealer I just had them change the oil. I drove it 10 miles and LOVE IT :SNSign: :SNSign: :SNSign: I think the older gentlemen that had it just didn't have the nerve to stomp on it to get the boost going.

That's classic! The boost guages do work, its just that you have to get it to a certain RPM first. The dealer that i got my Saleen from said the same thing. People were buying the cars and saying that the guage did not work. Well judging from what you said that it was an older man, he probably didn't give it a chance to work...Go out have fun with it, get on it and you'll see how it works.:D

Gotta love it.

The boost gauge didn't work because they didn't romp on it enough. Better for you my friend they did not. Probably means your car is nice and has stayed away from the detonation demons.

marcus95 said:
Gotta love it.

The boost gauge didn't work because they didn't romp on it enough. Better for you my friend they did not. Probably means your car is nice and has stayed away from the detonation demons.
thanks. Should I be using some octane boost in addition to 91 or better octaine to be safe? I bought a bottle of Lucas brand octane boost. I haven't put it in yet though.

Always use at least super for anything with a supercharger or turbo.

If super is 91 in cali, that's what you should use. (here in nj we have 93)

A custom dyno tune with program would probably be in your best interest for max HP and reliability.

THX 138 said:
thanks. Should I be using some octane boost in addition to 91 or better octaine to be safe? I bought a bottle of Lucas brand octane boost. I haven't put it in yet though.

Don't bother with that octane boost. Just make sure you put 91 in it all the time. Chevron or Unocal preffered although I'm opening a can of worms telling you my preferences.