Help!!! 96 Rear suspension

• Sponsors (?)

QA1 has several spring rates and their shocks have a wide range of adjustment.

I’m assuming you have these: https://www.qa1.net/suspension/stre...ck-systems/79-04-mustang-rear-pro-coil-system

If that is what you bought than the thing to adjust are the shocks. You need to adjust your shocks to your liking. Your shocks are not dampening all those bumps so you are feeling each bump (and still feeling the last several bumps too). Soften up your shock settings - should drive much better for the street.

QA1 has several spring rates and their shocks have a wide range of adjustment.

I’m assuming you have these: https://www.qa1.net/suspension/stre...ck-systems/79-04-mustang-rear-pro-coil-system

If that is what you bought than the thing to adjust are the shocks. You need to adjust your shocks to your liking. Your shocks are not dampening all those bumps so you are feeling each bump (and still feeling the last several bumps too). Soften up your shock settings - should drive much better for the street.
Yes those are what i got. Now when i took it out the shocks were set at 6 clicks. I will try to take them down to 2 clicks and see what i get out of it. Thank you.

What were you trying to achieve with the parts you bought? How did decide these changes would achieve the goal you were after? How did you lower the car? Do you understand that when you lowered your car you traded traction for a preferred center of gravity? The center of mass didn't change except for the minor differences in the mass of the arms and shocks to coil overs. What you need to be aware of is if you set up the changes you've made to work like your old setup you've spent a lot of money to achieve nothing. What you've done has altered the weight transfer specs (COG) for your car and more than likely your front suspension is rejecting your changes. When hot rodding around have you noticed more dive and oversteer around corners?

What were you trying to achieve with the parts you bought? How did decide these changes would achieve the goal you were after? How did you lower the car? Do you understand that when you lowered your car you traded traction for a preferred center of gravity? The center of mass didn't change except for the minor differences in the mass of the arms and shocks to coil overs. What you need to be aware of is if you set up the changes you've made to work like your old setup you've spent a lot of money to achieve nothing. What you've done has altered the weight transfer specs (COG) for your car and more than likely your front suspension is rejecting your changes. When hot rodding around have you noticed more dive and oversteer around corners?
The front has coil overs as well. When i bought the car it was dropped with lowering springs 2 inches and had the stock struts on the car. That paired with low pro tires made for a terrible ride. I love the look and just wanted to have more performance out of the car. The way it sits now is already far better than it was. The car only has 49k original miles on it so it is more for show.

The front has coil overs as well. When i bought the car it was dropped with lowering springs 2 inches and had the stock struts on the car. That paired with low pro tires made for a terrible ride. I love the look and just wanted to have more performance out of the car. The way it sits now is already far better than it was. The car only has 49k original miles on it so it is more for show.
And as far as oversteer the answer is no i have put adjustments on the tie rods for that.

Regardless, I stand by what I wrote. I spent over 30 years primarily designing chassis to match specific powertrain designs. I know something about this subject but I'm not going to try and convince you of anything and I'm not going to argue. You have an obvious weight distribution problem that apparently wasn't there until you did your recent work. Your car doesn't have IRS so axle harmonics, reminiscent of the late model GTO's, are not your problem. Best of luck.