Help! Dealership refuses warranty repair

serviator said:
Sorry to hear that you got the noise problem too 01LaserRedCobra. Since I posted the concern in November I actually got the issue fixed. I intend to write a longer post about the experience, warning people NOT to use the local Sill-Terhar dealership, as I went there myself three times, every time with the messages "we fixed it" or "it's a normal noise for a Mustang". Finally they turned me away, not willing to help so I went to another dealership (Omeara), who fixed it in less than 4 hours. I went for a roadtest with the mechanic and he found it to be a loose "trans cross member" which he retorqued and the noise was immidiately gone.

Did the noise sound something like dropping a pool ball on concrete? I have this noise coming from the tranny hump or firewall that sounds like that. It comes and goes and is completely random although it happens mostly under 10mph.

• Sponsors (?)

Is it when you go over a bump in the road or train tracks? I just tightened down my tranny crossmember... it seems like it help, but can't really tell. I will have more time to test it out tomorrow.

nickthegenius said:
Did the noise sound something like dropping a pool ball on concrete? I have this noise coming from the tranny hump or firewall that sounds like that. It comes and goes and is completely random although it happens mostly under 10mph.

It sounded like a deep <clunk> noise, and did sound like what you are describing. As I did, you are also having it happen at both high and low speeds, though mostly at low. If you go to the right garage, it is an easy fix. Tell them to check and possible retorque the "trans cross member".

Just bring it to a REAL mechanic someone you know or trust and have them find the problem then go back to ford when you know what is causing the problem exactly. I've personally stopped going to Ford for warrenty work. I just have pay my mechanic to fix my car now. Ford has to be the WORST dealership for warrenty work or repairs in general. I WILL NEVER buy another extended warrenty through them again.

FORD DEALERSHIPS = :notnice: