Help/Info wanted Saleen clone build 99-04

NEXT23

Jan 24, 2006
My son turns 16 in June, wants a Terminator or Saleen from 99-04 era.

I'd like to build a clone, with a base of a GT or 99-02 Cobra, and while I've owned a 94 and 2000 GT, I've been out of building and driving for a while.

Any suggestions of brands of stuff to stay away from or go to? Bodykits, wheels?

Anyone done something similar?

Saleen parts can be pricy. For some reason they think they are gold bullion. You can source aftermarket pieces but it may be a search in futility since it may take a while to find all you need. If you have Facebook you can search for a guy named Nick Panico. He buys and sells Saleen parts but you may as well find a used Saleen for a good price than to piece one together.

As far as a Terminator, thats a ton of power for a sixteen year old. I'm not wanting to step out of line but I let my son drive my 1996 GT that was lightly modified when we got his license and he put into the woods on a rainy day when it swapped ends on him. Just a been there done that piece of advice. If it's the look he wants go for a 99+ Cobra or even a 94 to 98. Great looking cars and just enough power to enjoy.