help installing the 93 conra grill insert?

ERIC92467

Founding Member
Mar 26, 2002
pa
i read the instructions but it say's use the template to cut out the hole in the bumper cover but what i cant figure out is if i leave the center piece in the bumper cover where the pony stud goes how can i get the insert to go on? id appreciate any help since i know some of you guy's done it see i just got it in the mail and i want to fully understand before starting.. ERIC
oh yeah the insert is the 93 cobra and im putting it in my 88 GT. IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A SITE OR CAN EXPLAIN THANK YOU! :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

You can't leave the middle in, you have to cut it all out. The running horse mounts to the piece you bought, actually it should have came mounted on there. All you have to do is cut out the front bumper like the template, mount the grill with 2 face tape and 2 screws up top. I think they make one without the running horse, maybe you bought this one by accident.

thanks for the help

i did get an orginal ford insert that came with the pony and also has the two faced tape in the box your answers settled my confusion now i know i have to cut out the whole shape of the insert i thought beforei should leave the center of the cover on that is what confused me :nice:

Repro Grill Insert

I'll admit I was confused as to the installation, the instructions I got with mine were less than explanatory..

Mine didnt come with screws or tape, but mentioned the screws in the directions.. It also mentioned predrilled holes which werent to be found, and a threaded stud..

Anyhow.. I ended up having to cut the center out, i thought the pony with the bolt would go thru both the insert and the piece behind it..
But the insert would not fit with the middle piece there..

My biggest complaint is that my insert dosnt completely cover the front, I have a overlap on each end, and it sticks out a 1/4 inch from the hood, so its noticable that it was added.

The sticking out is just due to layering it over the bumper.. but the overlap on the ends I think is due to a cheep reproduction..

I will say I bought it on Ebay, and I will post the name of the company if they dont reply back to my email.. I'll also post some pics

Syntax said:
I'll admit I was confused as to the installation, the instructions I got with mine were less than explanatory..

Mine didnt come with screws or tape, but mentioned the screws in the directions.. It also mentioned predrilled holes which werent to be found, and a threaded stud..

Anyhow.. I ended up having to cut the center out, i thought the pony with the bolt would go thru both the insert and the piece behind it..
But the insert would not fit with the middle piece there..

My biggest complaint is that my insert dosnt completely cover the front, I have a overlap on each end, and it sticks out a 1/4 inch from the hood, so its noticable that it was added.

The sticking out is just due to layering it over the bumper.. but the overlap on the ends I think is due to a cheep reproduction..

I will say I bought it on Ebay, and I will post the name of the company if they dont reply back to my email.. I'll also post some pics
I bought mine from Cervini's and it fit and looked great. Only 20mins with a sawsall and some masonry screws (dont ask ) and it was in.
attachment.php

I got mine from cervini(little expensive but I think is worth it). all I had to do was use the template that came with it a cut out the middle and mount it with the tape(supplied) and the two screws to mount under hood not seen.