HELP!!!!!! lifter guide question


New Member
May 12, 2005
Ok here's the deal. Bought the car in pieces for cheap. I am now putting it back together, However there is one measely piece that is preventing me from completing my objective. I have been to all the local salvage yards, 4 dealerships, 5 machine shops, and 2 other engine rebuilders looking for 1 stock hydraulic roller lifter guide (keeper). Finally I found a comp cams retro-fit conversion, after purchasing this set I noticed that it is different than stock.
There is a disclaimer that reads "This kit is designed to allow installation of hydraulic roller cams in standard Ford v8 (289, 302, 351W, 351C, 351M, &400M) not originally equipped with hydraulic roller cams. However, it can only be used with specially degigned COMP Cams Magnum Retro 1/2t Hydraulic Roller Cams with special sized base circles. My question is since I do not have a stock non roller lifter set-up. (It is stock with hydraulic roller lifters) Will this retro-fit work with my stock roller cam? I have a pic of the two side by side. Unfortunately I cannot upload this pic the file is to large (high def pic). I can e-mail it to you. Anyways If you know anything about this please help as I have been waiting to find this one piece to complete this engine since Wednesday. Or if you would like me to e-mail the pic you can post your e-mail here or you can e-mail me @ [email protected]
  • Sponsors (?)