help me build a setup for a 347 stroker!

wgpaintballer

Oct 7, 2005
I am a newb. i need some help with putting a 347 setup together? cam, heads, intake, throttle, fuel, headers, mass air, that kind of stuff.. all comments are welcomeded.. even if u post your setups that will help... looking for around 400hp.. if thats even possible.

• Sponsors (?)

Is this a street car or weekend warrior? Manual or Automatic? Will the car be NA, boosted or N2O, think about the future as well? Budget?

400RWHP is very obtainable with a 347 stroker combo, I have built quite a few. If I can be of help let me know...

If its gonna be a n/a street car heres my suggestion. Shoot for 10.5-11:1 compression, use victor jr heads, victor 5.0 intake, 90mm tb, 1 3/4" longtubes, 3" exhaust, custom cam from FTI or hitech motorsports, 36-42lb injectors, shift at 6800-7000. 425rwhp will be cake walk with this combo. Use an aluminum flywheel, 4.10-4.30 gears.

Afr 185's or ported twisted wedge heads will run well too. I like the jr's as IMO they're a good bang for the buck.

This guy made 445rwhp and (more importanly) ran 10.90's @ 124 shifting at a low 6400 rpm due to some sort of issue. http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2005/02/YellowFever/index.php

My track times suck due to my bad driving and no where near enough rear gear. 3.73's are killing me, I need 4.30's.

There is a lot to running 10's in a 3200lb car like above (sn95's race weigh)...lots of suspension work/tune/good driving.

If you want a more streetable version that doesn't make such peak power. I would go with AFR 185's, TW's with a custom cam (your pick). Keep your accessories. Run an RPM II manifold and get some 373's or thereabout because there isn't much difference in either gear around that in performance.

It's all in how streetable you want it...what do you want to give up?

Well about to go finish up buddies 2.73 to 4.10 swap...

By more streetable, you mean my setup... the someone that i strap my daughter into with her car seat and go to BestBuy... isnt gonna do it?

follow mikes recipe. Talk to rick in the 2nd post, he built Mikes and Mine motors.

N8Miller said:
By more streetable, you mean my setup... the someone that i strap my daughter into with her car seat and go to BestBuy... isnt gonna do it?

What?

Anyways, I mean by keeping accessories (a/c and powersteering), keeping solid vaccum for power brakes, and 373's or thereabout in the gears.

No need to rev to 2,800rpm on the i-state at cruise with no a/c or powersteering and have "sucky" brakes just to get a couple more mph.

i have all power options, good brakes and lots of power.

you said that if he wanted a more "streetable" version compaired to Mikes advice, not to use the vic jr heads, etc etc.... ie: smaller parts. I was simply stating that with my "less streetable" parts that i can get my daughter in the car and go places that i want to...... no problems.

If all you want is 400 horses, there is a cheaper way than building a stroker. Ultimately, a stroker built to those specs is going to be more cantankerous with a stock 5.0 computer than a moderately tweaked 5.0 with a small blower. I know that Richard Holdner put together just such a mild combination in his book 5.0L Ford Dyno Tests using a mild (and quiet) Powerdyne supercharger.

It's an effective and easier way to reach your 400 horse goal.

N8Miller said:
i have all power options, good brakes and lots of power.

you said that if he wanted a more "streetable" version compaired to Mikes advice, not to use the vic jr heads, etc etc.... ie: smaller parts. I was simply stating that with my "less streetable" parts that i can get my daughter in the car and go places that i want to...... no problems.

Read into it a bit more:)

I was responding to grn92's advice. His examples didn't have all power options.

His sn95 example running 10's had a lot to do with weight reduction/suspension (1.4 60fts)/driver. Not just "engine combo".

I wasn't responding to your car/engine.

i just got my short block from the machine shop last week. its a 347 with scat crank, wiesco flat top pistons, comp cam 282HR, AFR 185- 58cc heads with the 8019 valve spring upgrade, scorpion roller rockers, Holley System Max 2 intake with 75mm TB, an Anderson power pipe, BBK Long tubes o/r x pipe, 36lb injectors, and i will controlling it all with a MS3 Gold Box. I'm hoping to get 400 to the wheels. fingers crossed!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, a little bit old post... I am going to buy a 347 stroker kit also, some recomendations about de heads cylinders?

Don't buy a kit, let the builder do all of that.

Cant go wrong with twisted wedge 205 11r heads with an Ed Curtis cam (flow tech induction)

My 347 is still the same short block from when I originally replied to this thread in 2006 :cool:

Reactions: 1 users
i just got my short block from the machine shop last week. its a 347 with scat crank, wiesco flat top pistons, comp cam 282HR, AFR 185- 58cc heads with the 8019 valve spring upgrade, scorpion roller rockers, Holley System Max 2 intake with 75mm TB, an Anderson power pipe, BBK Long tubes o/r x pipe, 36lb injectors, and i will controlling it all with a MS3 Gold Box. I'm hoping to get 400 to the wheels. fingers crossed!
Some pics??