help me figure out my retarded car please :(

weber02gt

Mar 25, 2009
i have an 02 gt with ~70k miles on it. when i start it up it startes fine, idles fine(until the alternator kicks in then it skips a beat every few seconds), seems to rev OK, but when i put it under load it starts to run really choppy like its on 6 cylinders, and shakes. fuel filter, injecters, and catalytic converters have all been suggestions, althought i just changed the filter this morning and it didnt work. after i changed the fuel filter the engine light finaly came on and said it was the MAF sensor, so i cleaned that with the maf spray cleaer and still no results. do i need a whole new MAF? is there a better way to clean it beside the spray? any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks guys:rock:

• Sponsors (?)

doh, read that after i posted lol. did you let the computer re-set after you cleaned it? maybe try that and run it untill the light comes on again... or see if you have any bare wires leading to the maf. if none of that turns up and you get the code again id guess the maf is bad

i tried to check for vacuum leaks using carb cleaner trick and found nothing. i also reset the computer and the check engine light went off(for now) but im sure once driving it will come back because it still isnt running right. would it be worht buying a new MAF and see if that works, or is there a way to check mine and see if thats the problem or if it is a vacuum leak somewhere?