Help me find my first stang

danny g

Founding Member
Sep 23, 1999
Sold my first stang back in 2005. I really want her back. I did an auto chck and see she is registered in CORSICANA, TX. Looks like she was in an accident, went to auction and had a ton of miles put on her. But I really want my first car back. 1falp42x1tf102487 is the vin. A laser red 96 gt 5spd. Can anyone help? Any ideas. I am going to call the TX dmv tommorow. [email protected]

• Sponsors (?)

I just spoke with the texas dmv. They told me to send a written request and they will see what they can do. Assuming I find the owner. What would be a fair price for a 96gt thats already been in an accident and prob has 200k miles on it. I am assuming that if in good operable condition the car would go somewhere around 3k. Worth a little more to me for sentimental value. Whats the most you guys would pay?

I also just tried 999licenseplatesearch.com It only cost me 10 bucks and i paid through paypal so I figured it was worth a shot. Good chance its a scam and I am out 10 bucks though. So, waiting for the results on that.

I figure 3k if it is in operable/recognizeable condition is fair. then it will prob be 800 to ship back up to NY. If the car is FUBAR then thats another story. I have seen some around me that you couldnt pay me to own. At that point I could always spend a few k more and get the Cobra I always wanted back when I was 19. But man, getting my first car back would be sweet.

I also just tried 999licenseplatesearch.com It only cost me 10 bucks and i paid through paypal so I figured it was worth a shot. Good chance its a scam and I am out 10 bucks though. So, waiting for the results on that.

I figure 3k if it is in operable/recognizeable condition is fair. then it will prob be 800 to ship back up to NY. If the car is FUBAR then thats another story. I have seen some around me that you couldnt pay me to own. At that point I could always spend a few k more and get the Cobra I always wanted back when I was 19. But man, getting my first car back would be sweet.

cobra...Cobra...COBRA...COBRA!

Reactions: 1 user
999licenseplatesearch.com wasnt able to find the info but will refund my ten bucks. I just sent $5.75 to the Tx dmv with a form for a title history. If that doesnt work then maybe I'll actually go as far as paying a private investigator a couple hundred to run the vin.

After exhausting those options ill prob look for a 96-98 cobra thats in decent shape. What do they go for? 7,500? I see some ads where people are asking like 16k for a high mile 96 cobra. They are prob smoking crack.

41ahllALgeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

After exhausting those options ill prob look for a 96-98 cobra thats in decent shape. What do they go for? 7,500? I see some ads where people are asking like 16k for a high mile 96 cobra. They are prob smoking crack.

These is a local 96 Mystic for sale with 140K miles on it for like $6K, so I'd say $16K is a crack smoking price.

I live in Corsicana Texas. Anything that might make it stick out? I know of one laser red gt with a cobra back bumper, but I haven't seen it in a year or so. I'll ask around about it