Help me solve this amp problem

atlblue2000

Founding Member
Aug 18, 2002
TN
I've got a Sony Xplod amp and a single Kenwood 12" sub that worked just fine for quite a while, then all of a sudden my amp's overcurrent light came on and the sub is quiet as a mouse. I read in the manual that the problem is the L and R speaker wires are somehow touching somewhere between the amp and speaker box. But, when I checked the wires, they wire into the amp on opposite ends so there is no way thats where they are touching and obviously its not @ the box terminals. What am I missing here, fellas??

• Sponsors (?)

atlblue2000 said:
I've got a Sony Xplod amp and a single Kenwood 12" sub that worked just fine for quite a while, then all of a sudden my amp's overcurrent light came on and the sub is quiet as a mouse. I read in the manual that the problem is the L and R speaker wires are somehow touching somewhere between the amp and speaker box. But, when I checked the wires, they wire into the amp on opposite ends so there is no way thats where they are touching and obviously its not @ the box terminals. What am I missing here, fellas??

I would just change the whole wire from amp to sub. Sometimes they just fube up.

btw, what part of tn are you in? Im between Chattanooga and Knoxville.

Are you familiar with Jonesborough?? If not, what about Johnson City or Greenville? What city do you live in?

Yeah...looks like I might be trying that with the new wire...don't know what else to do. :shrug:

Hmm...well I'd say the closest city to me that you may have heard of is Bristol (BMS/Thunder Valley). I'm about 30-40 minutes southwest of Bristol and the track.

Do you know where Athens is?? I have a couple of friends that go to school @ Tenn Wesleyn.