Help Me Spend 2000 bucks on my car

Ok Ive thought about getting some heads and cams but on another thread I started I was informed that it would only give me about 20 or so hp.

My car is a 99 Mustang GT with an automatic transmission and it has 75,000 miles on it. All the mods that I have are listed in my sig. Im thinking about getting some chrome wheels and then spending the rest on making the car faster. I would really like to be able to out run some SS camaros with it I hate losing all the time. I know most people are going to say get some Nitrous really id love to but how long will a 4.6 with 75,000 miles on it hold up under me sprayin nitrous in it all the time. Please give me some ideas more less tell me what you would do if you were in my sitution. Thanks guys! Oh yeah don't say save up for a supercharger cause it took me a long time to get 2000 bucks and it would alot more time to get a supercharger.

• Sponsors (?)

SliverStang said:
You don't think that it could blow somting up pretty quick on my engine being it has high miles?
Do a compression check first. If all is well there you'll be fine with n2o providing the tune is correct.

By the way, if heads and cams only resulted in 20 rwhp nobody would do it. I'd do some more research on that subject with some builders/tuners instead of on the forums.

I've heard a few 99+ stangs around here put down 300 rwhp after a head job stock. I heard this at a stang shop when I was getting my gears installed. I don't know how true this is though. :shrug: You should be able to pick up alot with a good head job and cams. I think I would do that if I could. How much is a stroker kit?

I looked at T&J's web site and they had the stage 2 porting for like 1600 and the cams are like 600 or so.. I can do that if it is going to give me alot of power. Ill do the install myself. But id want to find out how much power id get from it.

SliverStang said:
I looked at T&J's web site and they had the stage 2 porting for like 1600 and the cams are like 600 or so.. I can do that if it is going to give me alot of power. Ill do the install myself. But id want to find out how much power id get from it.
Click on the cobra killer tech link and ask him.:nice:

Well if i were you i'd get some Y2k rims and drop it.

You can go with nitrous but if your like any of my friends you'll want more and more and sooner or later you'll blow your motor. If its not your motor you'll blow your trans. Get the rims and the drop, save your money for a beefed up 2v or a 4v swap.

Nitrous, blower, turbo break a lot of things, if you don't have the money to fix it when a piston blows, head gasket, etc... don't waste your time.

I remember when i use to have to save to get a exhaust just for the stang, that really sucked. So don't go out getting some extreme for you car and blowing it a month later. Enjoy what you have, when you get a better job you can work on smoking cars faster than LS1s.

oh boy, im always so giddy when i get to spend other people's money!! :D if you want some power, maybe a C&L plenum, timing adjuster, pullies, and a good tune. all that will still leave you enough for some chrome Y2ks :hail2:

I would do heads and cams. you should get say 40-50hp. That power will always be there. I am not a nitrous fan because I like my power on tap at all times. if you are just in it to race at the track then nitrous is fine.

I think with your gears and your setup heads and cams would be a good start.