Help me with my ideas please

voodookills31

Nov 29, 2009
Hi to all. im new to the site. i have a 89 gt vert and i have ideas of things i think i want to do with it. the block is a 302 bored to a 306 with TRW pistons, a crank from a 93 cobra (was new when it was put in). the car also has a X-cam according to the previous owner. The heads are the trickflow twisted wedge.

My ideas are to put in my Trickflow twisted wedge 4.030 pistons as well as do a cam swap (leaning towards a stage 2 trickflow but im not sure yet). then i want to put on my kenne bell supercharger that i have. I have a friend who can install my pistons and cam but the problem is that im currently stationed in germany and i have to order anything for my car. my friend said he wants to just rebuild the motor while its out and he has it sorta apart anyways. I dont know exactly what gaskets i would need to do this or what i should order to have him replace while he is in there anyways. any help or ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

The pistons that you want to put in are they .30 over pistons also?If your going the blower route i would look into a custom cam from jay allen or ed curtis.I would just pick up a 302 engine gasket kit for a rebuild and then buy your own headgaskets and headstuds (depending how much boost).How many miles are on the motor? A timing set would be good if you have high miles.Dont forget the fuel system if you are going with the blower.

If you have the TFS heads you will be better off with the diamond pistons. Depending on how much $$ you have,port the heads, get the Edelbrock Performer EFI intakes, port match, and do a Vortech or a Turbo setup. The Kenne Bells dont usually make the power on the pushrod engines as they do the modulars. I am making 600 hp to the wheels with a Sportsman 347 pushing 13lb of boost on a race tune running pretty fat top end. Also if blowing run the F-303 Ford cam, very freindly with the combo.