Help! Need 1993 Cobra info/documentation

• Sponsors (?)

Nice score bud, the black interior is rare too. You have to fax the registration to SVT to get the certificate call 1-800-FORDSVT for the fax number. You should post on SVT Performance There is a guy there that can make you a window sticker for your ride. beautiful car man, congrats :nice:

t_towner said:
Help! Picked up a '93 Cobra this weekend.

Can I get a copy of the window sticker and build certificate from Ford? :shrug:

Also, how do I tell what production number it is?

Pics of car: http://propertiesplus.com/1993 Cobra.htm

Vin:1FACP42D8PF141959

4/93 Build Date

SVT can supply you with the production number and the build cerficate - 1800fordsvt - as mentioned above.

They cannot do the window sticker, though, nor can any Ford dealers (only go back 7 years).

However, I do reproduction window stickers. :D

Thanks Guys! I absolutely love the car (it's now the daily driver.)

Unfortunately it's sucking down more $$$ then a stripper w/ a cocane habit.

Tag out of date almost 4 years, 93 only ground effects (YEOUCH!), AC Clutch, pair of tires to replace the dry rotted ones, etc.

At least the car is super clean and very tight.

Should I keep it stock or throw on some goodies? I'm thinking long tubes, H pipe and exhaust?

t_towner said:

Tag out of date almost 4 years, 93 only ground effects (YEOUCH!), AC Clutch, pair of tires to replace the dry rotted ones, etc.

Should I keep it stock or throw on some goodies? I'm thinking long tubes, H pipe and exhaust?

Out of date tag? You have to pay that? Thats some BS right there. IL is nothing like that.

Still, that car with the maybe $1500 you have tossed at it would sell for 11K probably.

Me, I would keep it 100% stock. But then again, thats my dream car, a 100% origional and perfect teal 93 Cobra.

You're probably right. If you pop the hood the original vin's are every where. 100% original paint. It's probably best left alone. ...but there's just sooo much potiential!

Still has the original plugs, wires, dist cap and rubber boot. Even has the factory radio.

Just took the intake silencer off the other day (and felt bad about it.) :D

Keep it 100% stock and for god sake, dont drive it as your daily driver. That thing is going to be worth more $$$ than it already is quick. Hell, I'd leave it in the garage and never let it out.

Andres2882 said:
Keep it 100% stock and for god sake, dont drive it as your daily driver. That thing is going to be worth more $$$ than it already is quick. Hell, I'd leave it in the garage and never let it out.

Yes - I agree 150% on not making it your DD. You have a very nice collectable Fox body. Don't wear it out as your DD. Buy a cheap car if you don't have something else to drive on a daily basis. Think about it...how many low mileage, completely stock 93 Cobras are you gonna come across? You want a DD, buy a 87-93 GT. Just my opinion (and probably a lot of others too).

t_towner said:

hell no screw being stock.......do what ever upgrades you want just make sure you keep all the stock parts you take off!!!!!! i have a 93 cobra that was completely stock like yours, but i went ahead and made it my car since i'll never sell her...........

i do not drive mine as a daily driver.....i'd be to afraid i'd wreck her.....