• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Help Needed - Long Post

  • Thread starter Thread starter 89_Nach
  • Start date Start date Dec 28, 2004
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
T

TheUser

Active Member
Jul 25, 2003
1,859
1
36
Springfield, MO
Dec 31, 2004
#21
  • Dec 31, 2004
  • #21
ah kinda too late, but here's a few pics of my stock LX...so it should be how it was from the factory


Battery terminal to a double-connection at the fenderwell where the 2nd wire goes the quick disconnect for the ECU ground.
 

HISSIN50

"How long does it take to get help in here?
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
31,179
34
129
Dec 31, 2004
#22
  • Dec 31, 2004
  • #22
TU, thanks for the pics! that is how mine looks to. but now i am confused - i thought how it is depicted in your shots was how it was done if the set up was maybe not stock. i have it in my head (probably wrong) that the little wire with the doo-hickey on it should run to the 3rd negative battery wire, if stock. i know im beating a dead horse now, but i have been provided all this great info and am still not getting it. (which is nothing new. LOL).

at least i know that the way mine is (looks just like your pics) is alright and good to go.

thanks for the pics!
 
T

TheUser

Active Member
Jul 25, 2003
1,859
1
36
Springfield, MO
Jan 1, 2005
#23
  • Jan 1, 2005
  • #23
Mine Battery terminal has two small wires; one is capped off and then one runs to the connection at the fenderwell and then it runs from that connection to the quick-disconnect. I assume it's stock because the car was all stock when I bought it and I assume I put it back how it was stock. Either way, as long as they start, run and have no problems

I was writing this as the new year hit ha ha
 

HISSIN50

"How long does it take to get help in here?
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
31,179
34
129
Jan 1, 2005
#24
  • Jan 1, 2005
  • #24
TheUser said:
Mine Battery terminal has two small wires; one is capped off and then one runs to the connection at the fenderwell and then it runs from that connection to the quick-disconnect. I assume it's stock because the car was all stock when I bought it and I assume I put it back how it was stock. Either way, as long as they start, run and have no problems

I was writing this as the new year hit ha ha
Click to expand...
well Happy New Year.

that is exactly how mine is. cool. otherwise it would have bothered me and i would have been tearing wires apart, driving myself nuts. thanks again!
 
8

89_Nach

New Member
Sep 5, 2004
16
0
0
Grahan. NC
Jan 1, 2005
#25
  • Jan 1, 2005
  • #25
Mine is like that too. But what I did was to go ahead and take that other pigtail that was capped off coming from the neg terminal and take it to another ground location, on the top on the rad support. Haven't had any problems since. But, just to be safe, I am going to remove my alt underdrive pulley and put the stock one back in it's place, which, I believe, is smaller in diameter and should allow for better charging.
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Alternator not charging
  • SchwarzStock
  • Jul 6, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
168
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 19, 2026
SchwarzStock
Electrical Ron Francis Headlight / Alternator Harness
  • dan50
  • Apr 30, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
277
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 30, 2026
dan50
F
Alternator Not Charging
  • Fri Guy
  • Aug 29, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
472
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 31, 2025
AeroCoupe
8
Electrical Crank-no start ... no spark ... no injector pulse, was it something I did? (redux)
  • 85gtCOBRA
  • Oct 28, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
632
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Oct 29, 2025
85gtCOBRA
8
D
1985 Mustang GT Battery Wiring and Grounds
  • DienstXIV
  • Dec 22, 2024
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
913
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Dec 23, 2024
85GTStangGuy
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?