Help needed

Foxbody_1990

Jul 7, 2020
The south
Hello fellow foxbody owners, so I need to some help and answers. Recently purchased a coupe that has a fresh paint and perfect interior so obviously I gotta do a coyote swap lol so I purchased a junkyard 2013 5.0 this past week and have already purchased a couple things. Bought a 13 gt intake and my first question is will 302 boss camshafts fit this engine and heads? Gonna be tuned at the end of this build anyways. Second questions, would you guys recommend the ford wiring pack of the Holley? Which is better and what are the advantages of each?

• Sponsors (?)

The ford pack will get you up and running and run a stock coyote very well since it's practically an OEM system. The Holley pack will give you greater flexibility for tuning for modified setups with cams and forced induction and such. Which do you need more?

Yes, the 302 BOSS cams will fit the Gen 1 heads on the F150. It's a very common swap to grab an F150 motor, and swap to GT or Boss cams and a '15, or 18'+ Mustang intake. Your compression will be a tiny bit lower however vs a Mustang motor, but great for forced induction.

The ford pack will get you up and running and run a stock coyote very well since it's practically an OEM system. The Holley pack will give you greater flexibility for tuning for modified setups with cams and forced induction and such. Which do you need more?

Yes, the 302 BOSS cams will fit the Gen 1 heads on the F150. It's a very common swap to grab an F150 motor, and swap to GT or Boss cams and a '15, or 18'+ Mustang intake. Your compression will be a tiny bit lower however vs a Mustang motor, but great for forced induction.
Ok great, was gonna pick me up a set of those cams for sure, so my understand is the Holley setup is just for running purposes and won’t actually run the car as the ford pack would? Sorry for the bone head questions.

Also which control pack do I need?

Fuel level sensor would be separate. That wiring would be between the guage and sender.

the Ford and PBHkit both use ford ECU but the pbh has a custom flash and some additional wiring.

Fuel level sensor would be separate. That wiring would be between the guage and sender.

the Ford and PBHkit both use ford ECU but the pbh has a custom flash and some additional wiring.
Which would you use or have you used either? As far as the starter and alternator goes can I just buy a oem from let’s say rock auto and use those? For the brackets what would you use for those?

Which would you use or have you used either? As far as the starter and alternator goes can I just buy a oem from let’s say rock auto and use those? For the brackets what would you use for those?

if I were doing it with a Gen 1 truck motor and manual trans, I’d run this kit by PBH.

however, according to the listing there are some mods to make to use it with the F150 motor.

if I were doing it with a Gen 1 truck motor and manual trans, I’d run this kit by PBH.

however, according to the listing there are some mods to make to use it with the F150 motor.
It mentions custom calibration but I had already had intentions on having this tuned, you think that’s what they mean? I’ll give this bunch a call tomorrow and make sure. I’ve seen YouTube channels where they buy the ford pack and nothing extra as far as mods are made.