Help on mild build

Roxy89

Nov 11, 2006
Ok, so I know if I go the junkyard budget route of doing gt40 heads, intake, alphabet cam and all the bolt-ons I should be put somewhere close to 300rwhp which is honestly more than enough for me. I am not looking for a track only monster, just something streetable with fun power on tap. Anyway, I got to thinking about the kenne bell supercharger and my question is this. How much on average would it run me w/parts and installation for the gt40 budget route? I am mechanically inclined, but don't think I am up for the task of the head swap and definitely don't have the time to do it, so i would need to give it to a mechanic and want to know what my total cost (including parts, all gaskets and seals, and any little extra things needed, plus labor) should be estimated at. The reason I want to know this, is because I can install the kenne bell myself in about a day and it costs $3000 brand new. So if the cost of the head swap is going to be around the same, then I rather just go the KB route for ease of installation. I know the stock heads will hold back the KB from its full potential, but don't care because I am looking for about 300rwhp tops and that will give it. So any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

you dont need a KB to make 300 to the wheels haha. No power adder needed. Just get a trickflow topend kit and call it a day for $2100.
EDIT: you will need to buy TB, MAF, and injectors because they are not included in the package. Gears should be on that list too. So it will run you a little over 3 g's to get your 300 hp. Yes, there are other ways to get 300 but I just gave you the most common.

gcwh02 said:
you dont need a KB to make 300 to the wheels haha. No power adder needed. Just get a trickflow topend kit and call it a day for $2100.

I clearly understand that I don't need a power adder to make 300, but can install the power adder myself, on contrary to not being able to do the top end kit myself. That is why I want to know how much it cost to have the top end kit installed. Because if it costs around the same, then I rather do the KB myself at home and call it a day.

Roxy89 said:
I clearly understand that I don't need a power adder to make 300, but can install the power adder myself, on contrary to not being able to do the top end kit myself. That is why I want to know how much it cost to have the top end kit installed. Because if it costs around the same, then I rather do the KB myself at home and call it a day.
gotcha, I never put on a supercharger before, but I would say its easier to do a top end kit. Its not hard at all and there are plenty of instructions and write ups on here to help you out. But its up to you.. you would still need to upgrade injectors, pump, and Im pretty sure you need a gt40 lower to match the KB anyway.