Help please!!! Coolant crossover 4.6 4v

petemakmt

Sep 26, 2020
Mississippi
I recently purchased a 96 mustang cobra and I noticed that my coolant crossover tube is very rusty on the outside as well as inside. Its very hard to find a crossover tube replacement so Ive been looking at a delete kit instead. A bit pricey, but my question is I see all these kits change the t stat housing to the upper radiator hose. I was wondering what happens to the lower radiator hose??? The pictures I see theyre just gone. Is it okay just to plug it up or what do you do with it?? Any help is appreciated.

• Sponsors(?)

tsemmett

Jul 2, 2019
US
For most of the ones I've seen, moving the thermostat up top is optional. You should be able to run a Y into the upper radiator without the thermostat.

Alternatively, if you did want to remove the thermostat from below, you could swap the oil cooler for a 2V version and run a 2V lower hose (which doesn't have all that).

DaveWertz

Mar 26, 2019
Hughesville PA
I recently purchased a 96 mustang cobra and I noticed that my coolant crossover tube is very rusty on the outside as well as inside. Its very hard to find a crossover tube replacement so Ive been looking at a delete kit instead. A bit pricey, but my question is I see all these kits change the t stat housing to the upper radiator hose. I was wondering what happens to the lower radiator hose??? The pictures I see theyre just gone. Is it okay just to plug it up or what do you do with it?? Any help is appreciated.
I have one I just took off my 98 cobra. Its in perfect condition if you are interested. Text me if you are. 5702448302