Help - What Cam Should I Run With These Mods ?

Hello all

I have a stock cam right now on my N/A EFI but I'm getting my brother's ProCharger P600-B blower. I like the ease of driving with a stock cam but want something that will help my horsepower. Are there any good recommendations for me on production models out there or should I get a custom grind? I don't want a cam that is going to make the car drive like :poo: but I want a good cam.

A basic list of modifications on what the car "will have" below:

Trick Flow twisted wedge cylinder heads
1.72 SVO roller rocker arms

80mm mass air sensor
70mm throttle body
70mm EGR spacer
Edelbrock Performer RPM intake manifold

1 3/4 MAC full-length headers
ProChamber H-pipe – 2.5”
dual cat-back exhaust system – 2.5”

24 lb. Ford Motorsport injectors
190 lph. Fuel pump

Underdrive pulley system

Attachments

• Gumby - 1.JPG
    Gumby - 1.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 144
  • Sponsors (?)

what cam to run depends on what rpm range you plan on running the engine in about 80% of the time. it sounds to me like you want a daily driver with some balls, so i suggest looking at cams that operate best in the 1500-5500 rpm range. this will give you solid mid range torque, without compromising the low end power and driveability, and without compromising the top end either.

here is a list of seven cams, all hydraulic roller lifter cams, that will do what you want them to do;

http://www.summitracing.com/search/...4294891603&SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Ascending

Contact comp with those specs and they can offer you a good ots cam. I won't disagree with a custom cam but I'm willing to bet that comp will have a grind that will suit you perfectly.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a question ? I see a very undersized fuel system . Any reason why ? I'm assuming your gonna use a FMU . You should get yourself a appropriate size pump and injector and have a chip burned for the car on a dyno . Just a suggestion

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 1 user
Contact comp with those specs and they can offer you a good ots cam. I won't disagree with a custom cam but I'm willing to bet that comp will have a grind that will suit you perfectly.

Couldn't agree more. With the exception of Ed Curtis (he grinds some really off the wall stuff), most of the custom cam cards I have seen are within a few degrees of something Comp already sells off the shelf. If you are looking for cam advice, call a professional. Their advice is free, and better than what you are going to get on the internet. Comp Cams does more grinds than anybody else.

Kurt