help wit 3.8 sc swap.....PLZZZZZ HELP

bryan20

Jan 25, 2011
i have a 1994 v6 3.8l mustang...i got the block and heads from a 1990-1993 t-bird supercoupe 3.8....i know the hp of the v6 t-bird engine output is 140..so how much horsepower am i looking at with the new supercoupe block and heads....NO SUPERCHARGER...it was taken off..so does that mean that i got the stock horsepower and torque of a regular v6 block(140)..or do i have more..someone told me that the pistions and rods were bigger....can anyone help me with my numbers..plz i need to know if this is a good choice to get rid of my stock 3.8l mustang block....HELP PLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• Sponsors (?)

bryan, this is the wrong place for this question. we are v8 folks, not v6 folks. compare the casting numbers on the "new" parts to the same parts you currently have. at least then you will know if they are the same or not. but i bet you would not see much of an improvement with this block and heads. after all, pretty much all of the extra horsepower in the supercoupe came from the supercharger.

To be honest, the V6 section on StangNet is worthless for any sort of engine questions. All that group is interested in is wheels and exhaust, forget about actual technical questions. I hung out in the 94-95 Tech section before I got my first V8, learning as much as I could.

Bryan20, it sounds like your gains will be really small, if any at all with the Thunderbird parts. And with the new heads, you'll probably have to get a tune for the computer to run right. That's a lot of money for a small gain. You'd be better off either dropping in a V8 or selling your car and buying a used GT or Cobra.