Help with 2014 Mustang GT w/ Cobra Jet CAI

acruze81

Aug 18, 2018
Kansas
Hello everyone, I have a quick question about something that has sort of confused me. I went from a Boss 302 Manifold w/ Roush intake to a complete Cobra Jet assembly with Intake manifold, twin 65MM TB and the CJ CAI. When I was done installing everything there was a hose that originally attached to the Roush intake that no longer has a place to go and it runs back to the driver side and it looks like into the firewall, I was told its some sort of PVC tubing or something like that and was hold I could just cap it off and be done with it. I have scoured the internet and have found nothing on it and most of the pics I have seen on the install do not even have this hose to begin with except one which it looked like this person literally just attached it to the driver side nipple of the TB to just put it out of the away, can anyone help me clarify what this is and can it be safe to just secure it out of the way?

• Sponsors (?)

Nice, running that C.J. 65mm/Twin Butterfly T.B. on my 08’ GT500. There’s a few lines you can be referring to, the Boss intake had (3) vacuum lines of which (2) terminated to a nipple located on the Drivers side, one bypassing the T.Body that connects directly to the Cool air Intake. Roush had it- the CJ CAI not. The other is a C.C. line, needs to be connected. The other is
In lieu of getting more confused by the now modified Vacuum line diagram (as this is no longer OEM) the most logical solution to verify is to look at either C.J. Pony parts, or A.M. Site(s) -etc, and scan the Customer photos that are posted there with the exact setup you’re running.
You’re running a common upgrade, makes it easy to spot, then you will know for sure what the correct course of action is to take with the extra line, ensuring your Cars Performance or Operation isn’t adversely affected. Good luck! J

Fortunately, About 40 Customer’s 2012-15 Mustang Photos on A.M. with the combo you’re running., UNfortunately...many questionable Photographers, lol. Attached (1) 2014 Img.
P.S. You running the PCV Oil catch Canisters, they work great at keeping Blowby Oil vapor out of the Intake stream-made excellent. A.M. Product. See one of two plumbed in below from Valve cover to CAI at about 4 O’Clock. Hope the info helps. J
1534748377834.jpeg

Thanks very much 08GT500, This really helped me to confirm what I was thinking, a little bit of confidence goes a long way. I plugged it and tied it down to the rest of the tubing routed that way for now. And id like to tell you this setup is NASTY, I am absolutely loving it!!! It's been a long time coming and I am extremely happy with the result! :) The tube looks to be routed to the intake it is not, its ran to the smaller one that is actually covered, its an illusion, lol.
20180820_194551.jpg

Hello Acruze81, Sweet Goodies underhood! I’m happy to hear that the Pony’s running strong, and are good with that Line’s termination. Lot’s of info and ideas in those proud modded Car owner’s pic’s! Performance addicts like us need that little reminder that we are all looking out for one another..! Enjoy!! J

Attachments

• 6E253A6A-74D2-4152-9810-9DF6F7D949D1.jpeg
    6E253A6A-74D2-4152-9810-9DF6F7D949D1.jpeg
    337.7 KB · Views: 154