Help with a daily driver build up

osprey2020

Mar 9, 2004
Hi
The last muscle car I owned was a lopey camed, 4.10 geared 68 fastback that I drove every day(God I miss it). Needless to say my idea of daily driver has changed. So ten years later I am about to start to modify my 92 Convt 5.0 LX. I have chosen to use the GT-40p heads and explorer intake both done up with a home porting job. My question is where do I go from here? Do I go with a B or E cam or add a new throttle body and EGR spacer(I only have room in the budget for one of these options). I want the extra HP and torque of a new cam but need to be able to make it through the drive thru’s and traffic everyday without a 1700 RPM idle and stalling out at every stop. I have read such conflicting feed back on these cams. Is there a different cam out there that gives me more without loss of daily drivability. My other mods are unequal length headers, an off road pipe, underdrive pullies, K&N filter and 3.73 gears in the rear. The car is an automatic.
Thank you in advance for any feedback, it is much appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

there are definitly way better cams than the letter cams. you need to shop around a bit figure out what kinda lift/duration your looking for, the summit cat. has all the specs listed for alot of cams. that could help you out a bit....you might want to add a few little things in there like a 65-70mm throttle body, AFPR, and a Pro 50 shifter will help too...

goodluck with your project!

Chris