Help with a daily driver build up

osprey2020

Mar 9, 2004
Hi
The last muscle car I owned was a lopey camed, 4.10 geared 68 fastback that I drove every day(God I miss it). Needless to say my idea of daily driver has changed. So ten years later I am about to start to modify my 92 Convt 5.0 LX. I have chosen to use the GT-40p heads and explorer intake both done up with a home porting job. My question is where do I go from here? Do I go with a B or E cam or add a new throttle body and EGR spacer(I only have room in the budget for one of these options). I want the extra HP and torque of a new cam but need to be able to make it through the drive thru’s and traffic everyday without a 1700 RPM idle and stalling out at every stop. I have read such conflicting feed back on these cams. Is there a different cam out there that gives me more without loss of daily drivability. My other mods are unequal length headers, an off road pipe, underdrive pullies, K&N filter and 3.73 gears in the rear. The car is an automatic.
Thank you in advance for any feedback, it is much appreciated.

there are definitly way better cams than the letter cams. you need to shop around a bit figure out what kinda lift/duration your looking for, the summit cat. has all the specs listed for alot of cams. that could help you out a bit....you might want to add a few little things in there like a 65-70mm throttle body, AFPR, and a Pro 50 shifter will help too...

goodluck with your project!

Chris