Help with damaged automatic transmission cooler line to radiator

Hello Guys,

I was trying to replace my leaking radiator with a new one and struggled to remove the lower transmission (auto) cooler line. All was smooth sailing except for that one last piece that had to be removed in order to remove the old radiator. Somehow that line did not want to remove therefore I ended up banging and forcing it out but now the thread on the line is jacked up so I now have to replace that line. How hard or simple is it to replace that line? Has anyone done this before? Is it simple enough to replace or am I screwed? Please help!

• Sponsors (?)

00BlackBeautyGT:

You can buy a new replacement line from your Ford parts counter or you can get a junk yard line. You can also try to re-tap the threads but I do not know the correct size (thread pitch, diameter).

Sorry, BB, but that's all I can suggest.

Chris

Yes, I did order the line from Ford and the part is currently in order. In the meantime, my car is disabled. I wanted to know if anyone has changed this line before and can advise if it's a straight forward install or do I have remove other parts, etc. out the way in order to get the old line off and put in the new line in?