Help with exhaust PLEASE

Ok, i know this is like the 3rd topic ive started on exhaust, but i just want to end it

This is what i want.

A pretty damn loud, growling, mean sound outside. - With the lowest possible drone in the cab.

Ive heard flows, magnapacks, and thats about it, im open to anything. just give me your opinions, as i know it will be all subjective.

im keeping the stock H, so dont say anything about that, please just catbacks or weld-in's only.

Thank you.

• Sponsors (?)

I love my SLP LM 1's. Loud and mean w/ the stock H pipe. Yet little to no drone @ cruising speeds. I have had the exhaust on for 8 months, and still get on it just to hear the exhaust. I have gotten nothing but compliments on my exhaust. SLP has my vote.

Get a magnaflow catback. Very low, mean sounding growl. Not much louder than stock until WOT, and it gargles more when revving back down. Sounds great. I haven't noticed any drone at all with mine. Then do a bassani x-pipe. The tone will probably stay the same only louder, and if you go with the high-flow cats you will probably still have no drone or very little drone. The best price I've seen for bassani catted x-pipes is Performance Center .
I think this would be one of the best sounding combos out there.

mattwilliams said:
I love my SLP LM 1's. Loud and mean w/ the stock H pipe. Yet little to no drone @ cruising speeds. I have had the exhaust on for 8 months, and still get on it just to hear the exhaust. I have gotten nothing but compliments on my exhaust. SLP has my vote.
Where can i get the "LM 1" system, what is that, i thought those loudmouths are like supposed to be some of the loudest out there?

Where can i get the "LM 1" system, what is that, i thought those loudmouths are like supposed to be some of the loudest out there?

I got the SLP Loud Mouth 1's from www.lmperformance.com. The SLP is loud during heavier acceleration, but while idling or cruising, its not bad. The SLP has a lot less drone compared to chambered mufflers.

The reason I brought up the slp is I thought u wanted something thats loud, mean, and growls.

I drove this my stang from Loveland, CO. to Manassas, VA., and had no noticeable drone. I never really have a drone

mattwilliams said:
I got the SLP Loud Mouth 1's from www.lmperformance.com. The SLP is loud during heavier acceleration, but while idling or cruising, its not bad. The SLP has a lot less drone compared to chambered mufflers.

The reason I brought up the slp is I thought u wanted something thats loud, mean, and growls.

I drove this my stang from Loveland, CO. to Manassas, VA., and had no noticeable drone. I never really have a drone
Is there anyway you could give me the part number on those?

Can someone please tell me why so many people say that the SLP loudmouth is the loudest **** out there, and now this guy is telling me there is no drone at all...

I mean do your sound preferences differ that much.

Are you sure you got the LM1's and not the power flo's or something?

I think that most catbacks that you'll buy that are loud will drone at the 2000rpm, if I had the money I'd get a regular magnaflow catback with a magnaflow catted-x, I think that combo sounds soo damn good and its not crazy loud too.
My preference is with the flowmaster and prochamber or an off-road H, its just the classic mustang sound its loud doh with quite a bit of drone, its too bad that flowmaster doesn't make there A/T catback SS.

I know thier all gonna drone, im just looking as to how much, if the SLP doesnt drone as bad as the flows or magnapacks, and still sounds bad ass, then thats probably for me, plus since its modular, if it is too loud, i can just take it out and put their other mufflers in.

Not everyone likes the sound of the SLP, I think the catback is very nice, great quality but the sound is not the best I have heard, everyone have different taste for this, if I was you I'd do has somebody else said, go to a show or a mustang event and see what you better like, you can listen to quite a bit of clips in mustang exhaust.com as well, I've download quite a bit of vids before I made my decision, but it was an easy one because I had a very good deal on my packs.
Btw Mrt catted H + flowmaster 40 series = :drool: