help with my project 2001 saleen s281

silversaleen01

Mar 2, 2006
I am new to this site so I am hoping you guys can help me out with some decisions and prices on things. I bought a brand new 2001 s281 saleen and needless to say it was a lemon it currently has 11000 miles and the motor is out because it ate a rod bearing saleen sucks! however the good news is I am building it better than ever! I have a mark viii block that is going to goto dss to get bored .2 over and their level ten process. Then it will be filled with a cobra crank and all the manley goodies. Now here is where it gets tricky. I want to polish the whole engine bay! I have about 7 weeks to get it ready for spring. I want to buy some chrome ceramic long tubes but with the wideband where do you put then sensor Sean hyland says put it in one tube but im not welding in a bung on a chrome finish any ideas or past experience? Which comp cam should I go with? I have a tweecer so I can get it dialed in to run right and snow performance methanol kit. Also I was wondering about fuel rails I have priced them at around 350 dollars which seems just like the biggest rip off in the world! How hard is it to make them out of the stock? Anyone tackle this before? I will post more however I am new to this and not sure I will get any replies so any info or interest thanks in advance.

Rob

• Sponsors (?)