Help with starting a 1996 Mustang GT that hasn't been started in 6-7 years

Hey guys, so I saw a red mustang GT sitting on a ranch where i hunt and got interested in it, contacted the owner and he told me that the 1996 4.6 V8 was swapped with a newer fully rebuilt 2001 mustang GT 4.6 engine with new parts at that time(2012-2015), new clutch and some other parts(cant remember exactly) and that they drove it for maybe around 1,000km before deciding to leave it on the ranch, since they got a different daily.
Since then it hasn't been started for 6-7 years.
Now the question, do you think it will start?
To do plan when I go to check it out is:

Remove the spark plugs, check them
Spray all of the cylinder with fogging oil
Check all the fluids
Remove old gas, and add new
Then try to hand turn the engine to check if it is seized.

I would love to hear more suggestions on what else I should do before trying to start it, and what is the chance it will start?

• Sponsors (?)

All the things you said. A good charge and she should fire right up.
I got one more question if that's ok, since the owner has lost the extra key and one of them are in the ignition but the tip of it is broken or something so it cant be turned, I didn't really understand him, so I'm not sure if i should hot wire the car or do something else. Keep in mind that the car is still not mine and i don't really want to spend extra money to find out its a scrap, even though it could be a really nice deal for ~$800 ( the owner is fine with me hot wiring it if i have to, they want to scrap it, which is crazy in my opinion).

Well, broken key? No extra key? How did they start it back then? I'm sure there's no PATS on that car, but still. I'd want a new tumbler and make sure it runs with a key. The other thing I'm asking you as a buyer, do you have emission restrictions where you are for testing/registration? More things to consider.

Well, broken key? No extra key? How did they start it back then? I'm sure there's no PATS on that car, but still. I'd want a new tumbler and make sure it runs with a key. The other thing I'm asking you as a buyer, do you have emission restrictions where you are for testing/registration? More things to consider.
Ok, I will have a look at getting a new tumbler.
I've already been there and looked at the engine and the body but didn't have any tools on me since i was there hunting. I'm in Ontario, Canada and this is what i found about emission.
Beginning April 1, 2019 passenger vehicles that are seven years and older will no longer need to get an emissions test. If you drive a vehicle that's seven years or older, effective April 1, 2019 you will no longer be required to get a Drive Clean emissions test to renew your registration and licence plate.

The 96 does have PATS. They should be able to get a locksmith to take care of it but it costs.
I will have a look if the Anti-Theft light is blinking on the dash when i change the battery. I will most likely get a locksmith to make a new key if the anti theft system is on, but could i hot wire the car even if the PATS is on? (i dont really want to pay a locksmith to go out there and charge me hundreds of dollars).

I will have a look if the Anti-Theft light is blinking on the dash when i change the battery. I will most likely get a locksmith to make a new key if the anti theft system is on, but could i hot wire the car even if the PATS is on? (i dont really want to pay a locksmith to go out there and charge me hundreds of dollars).
You may be able to bypass the PATS system. Not sure how.

My understanding was the only way to get around the PATS was a tune, would love to hear of a way to bypass easily.

I've seen some youtube videos how to bypass it but I hope its not activated. Apparently in order to reset the system you turn the key to run position and leave it for 10 minutes. I'm not sure how true and correct that is.
Never heard that before, interested in what you find, good luck!