help! with wiring question?

raven28031

Apr 29, 2006
help! A WOMAN with wiring question?

new here so bear with me.....i have a 91lx body and swapped in 302 5.0 v8 efi engine runs great.......problems are these and need help.......i put in the dashwiring harness from the 89 donor also engine harnesses are all from 89...problem is 89 dash harness will not hook to my 91 instrument cluster so can i use the 91 dash harness? i looked through forums to find the one where they gave all information on swapping and what is compatible from 89 to 91 but i can;t get to the correct thread. other problem is fuel pump is on nonstop. can you help me? or give me link to thread for the whole information on swapping from 89 to 91 efi? ps i am a woman who attempted this so give a girl a hand!

• Sponsors (?)

'89 cluster should work no hassle.

The wiring changed between 87-90 and 90-93 so if you are using a 91 cluster in an 89 harness you will need to rewire the pins that connect to the cluster.

Someone has a wiring diagram kicking around here on that one.

Mustang5L5 said:
'89 cluster should work no hassle.

The wiring changed between 87-90 and 90-93 so if you are using a 91 cluster in an 89 harness you will need to rewire the pins that connect to the cluster.

Someone has a wiring diagram kicking around here on that one.

:stupid: and probably theres a bad ground somewhere for the fuel pump

Fuel pump problem is a bad relay - $9 at auto parts store - also it is the same exact relay as the a/c relay and you can swap one for the other to check it out for free - the dash wires are different for 1989 and 1991 due to airbags starting in 1990 - I would find a matching under dash harness from a website or junk yard for the year of the car and make it happen.