Hey Guys!

Patrick Dillon

Feb 18, 2014
Hey, I'm patrick. New to the forum. I have a 98 mustang gt. Mods include cold air intake, throttle body, long tubes, off road h pipe, American thunder cat back, steeda tri ax short throw, 3.73s and full msd ignition on the way. For now I'm ok with those go fast goodies. Appearance is next. I was curious as to what wheels and tires I can run without rubbing issues. And also how low can I go with the car with different wheels and tires? Any help is appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

I have played things on the safe side with my drop. Just used a set of Ford Racing C springs. With those springs I put on 18x9 front and 18x10.5 rear wheels. I'm running 275/35 front tires and a 295/35 rears. I know I could easily fit a 315 rear tire if I choose. No rub in the wheel wells and enough suspension travel to handle most potholes in this urban hellhole I live in. I don't have my rear fenders rolled either.

Welcome to Stangnet.

Im lowered about 2" with longtubes and I scrape on everything (no rubbing though). But I couldn't care less. A scratched up mid pipe doesn't concern me. I've HUGE 315 drag radials out back and 275's up front.

Personally, Mustangs look fkn killer as low as possible.

Just a point of reference, this is how mines sitting. I love the 18s, it would look a little better if lowered a bit more. Its good enough for me though.
20140211_124838.jpg

I would go with the Blistein HDs struts and their shocks, and I would get the Eibach lowering springs. That is a perfect stance and they will still support 18X9s front and 18X10s back. Rolling in a 275/35-18 front and 295/35-18 back.. No regrets and beautiful handling.
Front Struts - V36-4138-H5… Rear shocks Shocks - BE5-6418-H4

Syber

I will likely get them painted goldish/beige to match the stripes eventually, like the original Bullitts. But I do like the silver in the mean time. Almost went with the anthracites. American Muscles anthracite seems pretty close to silver.