hey Paul(Killer)....read this

VIPERn94Five-0

Founding Member
Apr 28, 2002
Poughkeepsie, NY
so i got in an argument with this guy who says no way a naturally aspirated SN95(especially a vert he says) is running low 12's without...well let me quote what he said...

..."The only way a 3,700lb SN-95 is running 12.3 is with some absurd rear end gearing that has him hitting red line at 110mph."

...now i preceded to show him your site and say how you trap higher than that...but he refuses to buy it...and wants time slips...so i was wondering if you have any...preferably your fastest 2(12.31 and 12.33)

...i see now tat your 12.31 IS on your site....so i showed him that...but if you have the 12.33 if you could post it, that would be :nice:

Anthony

• Sponsors (?)

Don't bother wasting your time with this guy. What are time slips gonna prove? Anyone can simply show one from someone elses run and not be honest about it. We all know what Killer runs and no need to dispute it with an un open minded person. Just tell him to 'BRING IT" and he can see for his self.

I gave up long ago about trying to prove my times. I've done it long enough, and enough people have seen the car run what it runs for it to continue to be doubted. If the timeslip and video are not proof enough, I don't know what to say. You can clearly compare the two based on the R/T, what I ran, and what my dad ran. I do cross at around 5900-6000rpms with my 4.10's and a 25.8-26" high tires. I'm at my inlaws for fathers day, so I can't get a pic of the 12.33 timeslip right now, but I will when I get home. I've been meaing to do that anyway. I can't wait to see what people say when I go 11 second hunting...
JFYI- Stock the car ran 15.2 at 90mph
With bolt-ons, DR's, and an edelbrock intake it went 13.83 at 98.55
With the current combo my best pass in as driven form is a 12.5 at 109mph
Best with shortbelt and removed pas seat is a 12.31 at 111.15mph on ET streets and a 12.33 at 110 on nitto DR's. I have never run the car with skinnies yet, but I recently got a set!

Best timeslip...
paulsfastesttimeever.jpg

Me launching on ET Streets...
paulslaunch.jpg

Me launching on Nittos...
paulrivalaunch.jpg

Some magazine coverage proof. The associate editor was there the day I ran the 12.31 at 111.15mph
paulinmagazine.jpg

Me racing against Rel3rd from here...
paulversusbob3.jpg

Me racing my dad...
paulversusdad3.jpg

My 12.31 at 111.15mph video... (HIT RIGHT CLICK, SAVE AS TO SAVE OUR BANDWIDTH)
http://100mphclub.com/movies/kcbestrunever.mpg
Here it is on my site too... (right click, save as)
http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/killercanary/video/1231pass.html

Want more proof... see me at the track!

Killercanary said:
I gave up long ago.....

....Want more proof... see me at the track!

Paul you rule....im gonna make sure he sees the video, apparently he missed it when i sent him to your site....its not even my car but i get all bent out of shape when someone puts down our SN95 5.0's especially a vert that can run 12.3's and IMO for sure has an 11.9x in it....how caqn you put that down?? grr.....

Anthony

VIPERn94Five-0 said:
Paul you rule....im gonna make sure he sees the video, apparently he missed it when i sent him to your site....its not even my car but i get all bent out of shape when someone puts down our SN95 5.0's especially a vert that can run 12.3's and IMO for sure has an 11.9x in it....how caqn you put that down?? grr.....

Anthony

Anthony, don't forget to mention that I do not powershift the car either... he'll really get bent out of shape on that one!!! Send him the link to Paul's (gofx.com) site as mine will shut down if even a few people load it. Angelfire has strict limits to its bandwidth usage.

Superdust- thank man. I feel the same way about people knocking our cars and what they are capable of. I just try to do my part to prove them wrong.

Killercanary said:
Anthony, don't forget to mention that I do not powershift the car either... he'll really get bent out of shape on that one!!! Send him the link to Paul's (gofx.com) site as mine will shut down if even a few people load it. Angelfire has strict limits to its bandwidth usage.

Superdust- thank man. I feel the same way about people knocking our cars and what they are capable of. I just try to do my part to prove them wrong.
yeah he just said to me

"94-95's suck period, they are big, heavy, and lack the forged pistons of the 86-92 cars"

VIPERn94Five-0 said:
...i see now tat your 12.31 IS on your site....so i showed him that...but if you have the 12.33 if you could post it, that would be :nice:
Anthony

Here you go...

bestrunondragradials.jpg

I won't even waste my time on a reply to his comment. Many a fox body has thought that about my '95... until I've run them! :owned: :spot:

BTW- I'm benchracing a little here, but had I backed my timing off a little I think I would have even beat my 12.31 run but on my DR's. My reasoning behind this is that I ran the 12.31 in cool weather, and didn't race the car again until I ran the 12.33, but the air was much hotter that day and I forgot to back my timing down a little. When I run too much timing my 1/8th mile MPH will jump up (I've trapped 88mph before in the 1/8th with only a 108mph 1/4 trap speed) but the from the 1/8th mile on the car drops off somewhat as can be seen in the above two slips. I've done this a few times now but don't worry, I won't make that mistake next time!!!

tell him i'll run my slow heavy none forged piston car against his any time he wants . stock verses stock the fox body have an advantage but once you do the correct mods :nice: they car run right with them and even beat them .

yes, thats as much proof as anyone can hope to provide. the reality is that killer is a just a very good driver with a well setup combo making times that seem as if they'd require much high peak hp levels. sounds to me like something someone would say who dyno races. it's been said again and again, track numbers matter a hell of a lot more than dyno numbers. does my car make more power than paul? yes. could i beat paul if we raced this weekend? no. props to those of us who know how to race and for the people like me just starting out, we know we're not that good... yet

I think the main reason that Paul's car and its performance surprises so many people is that we have so many BAD combo's out there and more importantly, POOR drivers who don't have a clue to drive.

This is not to take away from Paul's accomplishments in any way, but go to an NMRA race and watch Real Street guys running high 9's at 140 with stock cams and out of the box heads, and Factory Stock guys running mid 11's with...well...factory parts. Then it doesn't seem so unlikely what Paul is doing.

Any well-planned out combo that is a proven success with a driver who has experience and knows how to drive should produce results.

Tell you friend he is an idiot if he doesn't believe this.