Hey! You Northeast Guys!

Still blowing up here, about 12" so far but wicked winds so the drifts get to be pretty obnoxious, couple more sips of Jager and we're good to go! Go snow blow the driveway that is. Have I ever mentioned that I really hate snow?

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I've already snow blown this, about 3 hours ago... Anti-freeze is running low...

Attachments

• jager 3.jpg
    jager 3.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 132
  • jager 2.jpg
    jager 2.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 105
  • jager 1.jpg
    jager 1.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 105
Just got power back. Finished clearing the driveway and cars. I think we got 8" officially before changeover to rain.

Probably freeze tonight meaning the AM commute will suck. I can hang around at home for a bit, but wife's a teacher and needs to get out the door early.

As of right now, school is still on

Just got power back. Finished clearing the driveway and cars. I think we got 8" officially before changeover to rain.

Probably freeze tonight meaning the AM commute will suck. I can hang around at home for a bit, but wife's a teacher and needs to get out the door early.

As of right now, school is still on
My wife is a teacher as well Mike. I'm not sure who pays attention to the school closings on the news more, her or my kids!:confused:

Dodged the bullet again here in central Maryland. We've had our share of heavy snow in past years but this year got hardly anything. This time was a 2" slushy mix. Lots of precipitation, but didn't stack up as snowfall.

Reactions: 1 user
my house in southcoast ma had some snow from last week and after this huge "storm" i had no snow on the ground got all rain and at my job down in cape cod same deal just lots of rain very cold though

No joke guys. If you are out shoveling or snow blowing stay hydrated and take a break if you get tired. I had a fatal yesterday afternoon, poor man was snow blowing and had a heart attack

No joke guys. If you are out shoveling or snow blowing stay hydrated and take a break if you get tired. I had a fatal yesterday afternoon, poor man was snow blowing and had a heart attack

Oh yeah. It's a serious concern with these storms. I have elderly neighbors in their 80's that try and do it themselves. I try and get out there before they do to hit their driveway (if they don't have a plow service) before they do.

I've used that excuse to help justify a larger, more badass snowblower and my wife is now on board. I told her spending money on a bigger, stronger snowblower would be a better option than me having a heart attack. I can park 6 cars in my driveway, so I've got a decent amount of snow to move.

Speaking of which....it froze solid this AM. I can literally walk on top of the 8-9" of snow around the yard as it's a solid crust. Sun is out today though, and in mid-March, it's strong enough to give us a good melt. Going to be a slushy next few days for sure.

#1 time for heart attacks. They often happen after they go back inside. The exerition plus cold weather making blood vessels restrict...

here in montreal, we got quite a bit. Last night when i got home I beached my car into the driveway and had to take out the snow blower.
at this time we got about 12", and we got at least another 12-20" during the night.

2017-03-14%2020.19.27_zpsna7v4wri.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
here in montreal, we got quite a bit. Last night when i got home I beached my car into the driveway and had to take out the snow blower.
at this time we got about 12", and we got at least another 12-20" during the night.

2017-03-14%2020.19.27_zpsna7v4wri.jpg
I feel you man, I think we topped out at 22". Of course the winds were blowing 60-70 MPH gusts so the drifts in places were nearly 4'. Beautiful sunny (but cold) day today though...