Hit and run...

So last weekend while I was under the Stang changing her oil (yes, it was up on jack stands) a lady in my apartment complex opted to back out of her parking spot and ran smack into my car.

After the car stopped wobbling on the jacks, I looked out to see the lady take off. She didn't pull over and stop, she just took off...

To make a long story bearable, I filed a police report, she came home, they gave her a field sobriety test (which she passed, though her motor skills were a little "off") and the police will be having the DMV re-evaluate her. Seems she was completely unaware of the damage to her car, and to mine, and didn't even know she had hit me.

So here I am with a munched drivers side extension and rear quarter panel and I'm thinkin 'Great, now if I go get it painted so it looks ok, I'm still going to re-paint it at a later time...'

So it seems my paint and body work has just inadvertently jumped in priority.

Any opinions on this color scheme?

Two Tone: Appliance white with minor pearl, for the bottom, separated by frost silver on the top, running along the top most shoulder line.

• Sponsors (?)

Wow... This wasn't any where near Yuma AZ, was it? An acquaintance of mine not necessarily known for good driving supposedly was" backed into" which is sounding really fishy to a lot of people she's told the story to. What was the other vehicle??

Okay off the topic fo the unfortunate accident (I'm sorry to hear about yor car, that does suck downright)

I think Sapphire Mist is such a pretty color... It's just a gorgeous blue. Add that to the pearl .... :nice:

~1/2NK

First, glad to hear you didn't get hurt, that could've been bad.

You are extremely fortunate to have had a police report done. My son was driving my Camaro when someone turned into him, totaling the front end of the car. The LA HABRA police department wouldn't file a police report because no one was injured, even though the other driver didn't have a license, insurance, etc..................

Anyway, back to your color, I'm partial to dark metallic green (my car's color) :D . Good luck.

If you're going to do a two-tone, I think the darker color should go on the bottom half of the car. So.. frost silver on bottom, pearl white on top gets my vote. Although I would do the whole car in frost silver, but eh... :banana:

2nd mustang: they wouldn't file a police report!?!?!?! I don't know about cali (though I would doubt that it is different) but in Georgia they have to file a police report if one of the parties requests it. My friend was in a fender bender one day (I was riding shotgun) and he rear ended a ford ranger at about 5 mph...didn't do a THING to the ranger but for the 2nd time since he had owned it, he had to replace the front bumper on his corolla. Despite there not even being a scratch on his truck the guy requested a police report (Which also requires a citation apparently which my friend subsequently got out of on a technicality - we suspect the cop didn't want to write it and messed it up on purpose) so the officer had to write one up. I doubt it is much different in Cali.

69palehorse: I drive a '68 coupe that is metallic blue which I am partial to, along with black.

skywalker said:
2nd mustang: they wouldn't file a police report!?!?!?! I don't know about cali (though I would doubt that it is different) .

I thought maybe that officer just didn't want to do anything, so called the La Habra PD later that night and the desk officer said the same thing, so thinking maybe the night shift was lazy, called the next morning and got the same answer, so when driving in La Habra, don't expect any help from the police! :notnice: Other PDs are very helpful, as long as you request one and/or pay a small fee, you can get a copy of a police report, I don't know what's up with La Habra.